corner corner Cannery Row

Cannery Row
by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ShadowPi of Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 7/21/2003

status (set by CasualReader): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 21, 2003

TBR-Not available.

Reserved for Casual Reader when done.

Journal Entry 2 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 27, 2004

A wonderful, warm and witty book, not at all what I expected. Having previously read Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath and The Pearl I was expecting this to be just as dark. It does have darker undertones but the humour and warmth shine through.

Beware of people claiming to want to do you a favour!

Journal Entry 3 by ShadowPi at Post Office in By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 29, 2004

Released on Monday, March 29, 2004 at Post Office in By Post, By Post Controlled Releases.

Posted to CasualReader

Journal Entry 4 by CasualReader on Sunday, April 04, 2004

Thanks ShadowPi! You wonderful winged dolphin you ;-)

I'm throwing this to the top of Mt. TBR, though with the occasional avalanche, it may be a while before I get to it. However, when I do, it will be sent out into the world. Maybe I'll take it to one of Orlando's many tourist destinations and see if it can't end up it some lucky tourists hands.

(A funny side note about tourists. After 9/11, my son, who had never heard the word "terrorist", thought they were talking about tourists crashing planes into the WTC. So when he heard that Orlando was the world's number one tourist destination, he started getting quite worried about the evils that tourists do, and wondered if maybe we should move. I set him straight, but we still joke about the evils of tourists. ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by CasualReader at West Orlando Park in Winter Garden, Florida USA on Sunday, November 07, 2004

Released on Sunday, November 07, 2004 at about 10:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at West Orlando Park in Winter Garden, Florida USA.