corner corner The Seance

The Seance
by John Harwood | Teens
Registered by retromonkey of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 20, 2010

status (set by teachie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!
Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.

If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me retromonkey, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 2 by retromonkey at In the forest in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 24, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (9/25/2010 UTC) at In the forest in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Taking to the meet up.

Journal Entry 3 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 25, 2010

Picked up at the Salcey meet. Now added to my mahoosive TBR pile!

Journal Entry 4 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a rollicking good ghost story! It had all of the vital ingredients to set the scene; Spookiness, very old houses, creepy people, darkness, fog, candle-lit seances, murder... I did feel it was quite a complicated read at times, and I got a couple of characters mixed up earlier on on the book, although it was a very enjoyable and spooky read, and it didn't end how I was expecting it to...

Now reserved for a birthday RABCK for a friend :-)

Journal Entry 5 by Beqi at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (6/25/2011 UTC) at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This is a birthday/wislist RABCK for a friend of mine :-)

Journal Entry 6 by Cinderess at by hand, a birthday RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oooh now this does look good....a proper autumn/winter read for when it's cold and dark outside and I can scare myself silly!

Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 7 by Cinderess at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A cracking read from beginning to end!

Journal Entry 8 by Cinderess at Oxford Retreat in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/12/2012 UTC) at Oxford Retreat in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking for the bookswap game at the Bookcrossing meet tonight.

Journal Entry 9 by darkhorse4460 at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 13, 2012

Won (or rather stolen) in the bookswap game at yesterday's bookcrossers meet in Oxford. I have read and enjoyed 'The Ghost Writer' by this author and I love a good spooky tale, so look forward to this.

Journal Entry 10 by darkhorse4460 at Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 11, 2012

Have to agree with Beqi and Cinderess - this is a ripping yarn! I'm very fond of a good spooky tale of the old fashioned sort and this exactly fits the bill. With all the right ingredients and a nod to Wilkie Collins and other Victorian 'sensation' writers, this is a well written and atmospheric page turning mystery with a keep you guessing plot and great characters.

Journal Entry 11 by darkhorse4460 at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/3/2012 UTC) at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Taking to BC meetup on Thursday :-)

Journal Entry 12 by teachie at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Woohoo! I won this in the swap.

Journal Entry 13 by teachie at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Rather a convoluted story, that didn't end quite as I expected, but an enjoyable mystery.
I shall release this at Heathrow Airport tomorrow - I hope it travels far:)

Journal Entry 14 by teachie at Heathrow airport in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/24/2012 UTC) at Heathrow airport in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Once you have read this book, please add your thoughts about it, then release it or pass it on to a friend to read. Thanks.