corner corner Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood

Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood
by Laurie Notaro | e-Books
Registered by Cassandra0629 of Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, July 20, 2003

status (set by lavatea): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, July 20, 2003

I've waited months for Laurie Notaro's second book, and I'm glad I did. Or, more accurately, I'm glad Barnes and Noble reminded me that it was recently released and that I had enough money to buy it.

If you liked Idiot Girl's Action Adventure Club, then this book is for you. It's written in just the same style, only from the perspective of a slightly more "mature" ("wisened"? "meaner"?) Laurie. She's only a "fat bride" for the first few chapters, though. The anecdotes which follow focus on her nephew, husband, mother, pets, and homeowning trials and tribulations. And it most definitely wins the award for the number of times "doody" appears....

I'll start an *international* book ray for this paperback in August. PM me if interested.

Journal Entry 2 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Saturday, July 26, 2003

August Bookray members:

jkate
ramson
sprockitt
muffin77
goldloeckchen
pambueno--elected not to participate now; contact me to be added later if desired
lavatea
GracesMom
tootshelling
Elina
Hobbs1
AngelKitty
SantaFeKaren

Journal Entry 3 by jkate from Pleasant Hill, California USA on Thursday, August 21, 2003

Thank you so much!! I can't wait to read this one!

Journal Entry 4 by jkate from Pleasant Hill, California USA on Wednesday, September 03, 2003

All I can say is that Laurie Notaro rules!!!!! Her essays on being a bride, firing the obnoxious photographer/video guy, buying a house, growing older, thinking her husband is cheating on her, and then her touching essay on meeting Nancy Sinatra were pure gold. I wish she lived nearby so we could be neighbors. But for now I can read her pitch-perfect essays.
This book will go to Ramson in a couple of days!

Journal Entry 5 by jkate at Pleasant Hill Post Office on Contra Costa Blvd. in Pleasant Hill, California USA on Friday, September 05, 2003

Released on Friday, September 05, 2003 at Pleasant Hill Post Office on Contra Costa Blvd. in Pleasant Hill, California USA.

This is going to Ramson, who is next on the list.

Journal Entry 6 by ramson from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Sunday, September 14, 2003

Recived in the mail on Friday. Have 2 bookrings to read ahead of this one. I am really looking forward to this one though. If its a fraction as good as her first book it will be great!

Journal Entry 7 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Thursday, October 02, 2003

In case you're not on Laurie Notaro's email distribution list, you probably didn't know that she's writing a series of 7 weekly columns for USA Today. Here's the link from her email: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/front.htm

Journal Entry 8 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, November 18, 2003

What is the status of this book? I see the last entry was almost 2 months ago... ? There are still readers left to send to in this Book Ray. Thanks.

Journal Entry 9 by sprockitt from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Don't worry, Cassandra0629, I just got this in the mail today. Thanks for the magnet, am looking forward to a good read.

Journal Entry 10 by sprockitt from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Monday, December 01, 2003

I liked this book, though not as much as I did for the first one (Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club). I guess that's cos most of her writing in this book focuses(?) on her married life... while I was more amused by the antics of Laurie and her fellow "idiot girls". Nonetheless, this book was a quick entertaining read which I'm pleased to say I finished in a few afternoons. Thanks for initiating the bookring, Cassandra0629!

Journal Entry 11 by sprockitt from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Monday, December 01, 2003

Mailed out today.

Over to you, muffin77!

Journal Entry 12 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, December 15, 2003

Arrived in today's mail - thanks sooooo much for everything that was included!!!! The stamps are great and the little surprise things (don't want to name it =:o)))) too!!!! Will read it next and send it on as soon as I have an address.

Journal Entry 13 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, December 22, 2003

I finished it last night and I must say I can't wait for her next book. I mean I loved the book really A LOT but is it okay to laugh about it????? Well, if not she wouldn't have written it I guess. Anyway, I thank *Cassandra0629* once more for having included me in her list!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! The *IGAAC* bookray is still going and I hope it'll never end!!!! OH and did you also find the "guts" chapter so realistic? I thought I am third person at their table and also almost did what she had to do... I can still smell it =:o(((

Journal Entry 14 by Muffin77 at Sent to fellow bookcrosser (Frankfurt/Oder) in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Brandenburg Germany on Monday, December 22, 2003

Released on Monday, December 22, 2003 at Sent to fellow bookcrosser in Frankfurt (Oder), Brandenburg Germany.

Sent on to *goldloeckchen* today... Have fun!!!!

Journal Entry 15 by goldloeckchen from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, December 27, 2003

Found this in the mail today, thank you! tbr

Journal Entry 16 by goldloeckchen from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, December 30, 2003

After making so many "got it in the mail" comments, I'm going to do this only once :-)

Loved this book. We could watch the author grow up in her two books so far.

What a refreshing change from: beautiful woman meets rugged but equally beautiful man for a life happy everafter.....

Journal Entry 17 by goldloeckchen at on Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Released on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at Mailed to a fellow Bookcrosser in n/a, n/a Controlled Releases.

Journal Entry 18 by lavatea from Tyler, Texas USA on Monday, January 12, 2004

The book made its way to me today. I'm very excited to read this because I loved The Idiot Girl's Action Adventure Club

Journal Entry 19 by Cassandra0629 from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hi everyone! Just checking on the status of this somewhat slow-moving book ray. The last entry was in January....is it ready to be passed on to the next Book Crosser yet? We still have folks waiting to read it. Thanks!

Journal Entry 20 by lavatea from Tyler, Texas USA on Thursday, May 27, 2004

So sorry that I've held onto the book for so long! I read it as soon as I got it, and then my sister read it, and it's just been sitting since. I'm going through tons right now w/getting ready to have my baby and moving, etc, and bookcrossing's been low on the priority list. If the next person in line will please PM me their address, I'll get it sent on ASAP.

PS - Thanks for the very cool magnet. On my new refrigerator it will go! :)