corner corner The Lace Reader: A Novel

The Lace Reader: A Novel
by Brunonia Barry | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingMissMarkeywing of Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 9/18/2010

status (set by Abelebib_OBCZ): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingMissMarkeywing from Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 18, 2010

This book ring starts with lauraloo29.
Hope you all enjoy it. I met Brunonia Barry at The Boston Uncon and she was very interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 02, 2010

This arrived today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, March 09, 2017

I could not get into this book. Frustrating. I wanted to. I shall look for a new home for it.

Journal Entry 4 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 01, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/5/2017 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to Moriquen. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMoriquenwing at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, May 28, 2017

Thanks for sending it my way, lauraloo29. If at any time you find a book on my bookshelf that you are interested in, please ask for it and I'll happily send it your way!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMoriquenwing at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, August 04, 2017

Umph, I understand what you meant about this book, lauraloo. It was frustrating.
It began decently and started to live up to its blurb. However somehere halfway Towner began the details of what had happened to her sister and then the book lost all its momentum. It started to be dreary and repetitive. There where a number of storylines that were completely redundant. They didn't add anything to the overall story and where even a bit obnoxious.

(Spoiler: The entire Jack sex/rape thing for instance. And if you are going to go to the trouble of making up the Lyndley/Lindsey thing, .... I don't know, I've seen things like this be done before in a much better way.)

I'm glad I tried it anyway, but it is sad that the ending (and really the entire book) left me a little frustrated and unfulfilled. Thanks for sending it my way!!

Journal Entry 7 by wingMoriquenwing at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (12/12/2017 UTC) at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

This book can go to the Abelebib, to add to the stock of the little library.

Journal Entry 8 by Abelebib_OBCZ at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

For the future library, thanks!

Voor in de toekomstige ruilbib, bedankt!