corner corner Schindler's List

Schindler's List
by Thomas Keneally | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingHerchellewing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 16, 2010

status (set by Eri-Cherry): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingHerchellewing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 16, 2010

definately staying in my TBR pile!
Amazon Editorial Review
Winner of the Booker Prize
Winner of the Los Angeles Times Book Award for Fiction

Schindler's List is a remarkable work of fiction based on the true story of German industrialist and war profiteer, Oskar Schindler, who, confronted with the horror of the extermination camps, gambled his life and fortune to rescue 1,300 Jews from the gas chambers.
Working with the actual testimony of Schindler's Jews, Thomas Keneally artfully depicts the courage and shrewdness of an unlikely savior, a man who is a flawed mixture of hedonism and decency and who, in the presence of unutterable evil, transcends the limits of his own humanity.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHerchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Time to cull down my mountain of TBR! I know someone with this one on their wishlist!

Journal Entry 3 by wingHerchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I know someone with this on their wishlist!

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our Facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail N.E. starting at 11am. New and experienced Bookcrossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Caught at the July bookcrossing meeting. So exiciting to have our German visitor drop in!

Thank you for granting one of my wishlist books!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Released 10 mos ago (11/9/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I'm so glad I finally read this important book, though parts of it were incredibly difficult to read, it was such a relief to be able to set them against one of the best stories of humanity and compassion to come out of the Holocaust.

Taking to the November meetup.

To the finder:

Journal Entry 6 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Grabbed at get together.