corner corner The Garden-Party

The Garden-Party
by Katherine Mansfield | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Elli94 of Wien Bezirk 07 - Neubau, Wien Austria on 9/12/2010

status (set by mafarrimond): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Elli94 from Wien Bezirk 07 - Neubau, Wien Austria on Sunday, January 23, 2011

5 Stories:
The woman and the Store
Sixpence
The Garden-Party
The Fly
The Canary

Own opinion: Last year in school I had to read this stories and I hate it! They were so boring and nothing happened. No, that isn't right .. for short stories happened a lot, but nothing exciting. For example: A girl planes a party, a gardenparty, and something happens with her neighbour. So she is afraid, that nobody comes. That's the story. When the story ended, I thought: What? The story is over? Where's the plot ?! I thought this was the intro!
The language is difficult, especially for teenages like myself, who are learning English and aren't so perfect. The most difficult words are explained below. In two or three stories I have marked the vocabularyin the text, but with time it has become too exhausting.
Conclusion:I would never ever read this book again!

1 Jahr = 1 Land Challenge: 2. Buch für Neuseeland.

Journal Entry 2 by Elli94 at Wien Bezirk 07 - Neubau, Wien Austria on Thursday, February 03, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/3/2011 UTC) at Wien Bezirk 07 - Neubau, Wien Austria

Reist zu oedde. Viel Spaß mit dem Buch! :)

Journal Entry 3 by Oedde at Jena, Thüringen Germany on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Danke schön, ist angekommen!

Journal Entry 4 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thanks so much for your donation Oedde!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 5 by Oedde at Jena, Thüringen Germany on Thursday, May 05, 2011

I read these stories during the last couple of days. My favorites are The Garden-Party and The Fly, these are really good!

The book is now on its way to the UK, mafarrimond having requested it. It's probably pretty unusual for a German edition of an Australian text, complete with German translations and handwritten notes (by Elli94), to go there, isn't it?

Journal Entry 6 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2011

The book has arrived safely. Looking forward to reading it.