corner corner Oil on Water

Oil on Water
by Helon Habila | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingVekikiwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 8/31/2010

status (set by kiwiinengland): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingVekikiwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Left on the bookshelf at work - thankyou for your contribution to our community library

Journal Entry 2 by wingVekikiwing at New London Theatre, Drury Lane in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/31/2010 UTC) at New London Theatre, Drury Lane in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom

Leaving for the company to enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by wingVekikiwing at Covent Garden in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, January 29, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (1/29/2011 UTC) at Covent Garden in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom

this could do with moving along, so i'm taking it to the mini-meet up: either to be picked up for personal use by a BCer, or to be released on my behalf by one of them on their walk

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 30, 2011

I picked this up while having a delicious sandwich with Vekiki and other bookcrossers during a visit to London. 2011 is going to be my year of reading books from lots of different cultures, so this fits in nicely.

Great to see you again, Vekiki.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, January 30, 2012

This book was very well written, with flashbacks to provide background information without the pace dropping. I did get a little confused when the flashbacks became real time, but I think that was because of where I stopped in the book for a rest.

The story outlines very well the ecological damage being done by drilling oil, as well as the social unrest, destruction of traditional cultures, and unhappiness involved with the industry.

I enjoyed reading this very much.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Monday, January 30, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (1/30/2012 UTC) at Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I finished this while on a plane from Manchester to Las Vegas, where I spent a weekend living it up. I handed it to a friend who was travelling with me, and it is now heading back to London.