corner corner Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings

Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings
by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 8/26/2010

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 06, 2010

Bought at Goodwill in Greensburg, Pa., to read and release in the wild. I think I may have squealed with joy when I spied this on the bottom shelf!

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, May 29, 2015

Christopher Moore is at his best when things start to get weird, and thankfully, they get weird fast in "Fluke." It's funny, it's imaginative, it's educational—Whales! Sonar! Science! Well, educational until you get to the author's notes, where he admits that even though he picked the brains of legitimate scientists, he disregarded Science and made up a whole lot of stuff. And I'm oh-so-glad he did.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library at Ann Allison Hoover Memorial Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/15/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library at Ann Allison Hoover Memorial Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library in this absolutely lovely little park around 6:50 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.