corner corner Corpse Candle

Corpse Candle
by P.C. Doherty | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingbluenoserwing of Eymet, Aquitaine France on 8/26/2010

status (set by millycat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingbluenoserwing from Eymet, Aquitaine France on Thursday, August 26, 2010

I was hanging around the English bookstall at the market this morning, waiting while my daughter tried on some clothes and what did I spy but 3 books I just HAD to buy. This is one of them.

* note to self: must not get within 50 ft of second hand books until the TBR pile is lower! *

Journal Entry 2 by wingbluenoserwing at Eymet, Aquitaine France on Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another quick medieval whodunnit, featuring Sir Hugh Corbett and his henchmen. There is something very sinister and deadly happening in a monestry set in the middle of a ghostly marsh. Firstly the abbot is stabbed to death and is found in his locked and barred room. The king's clerk must solve the mystery.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbluenoserwing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 10, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/10/2010 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Heading across the sea to Nu-Knees. It might take a while as there's another general strike planned for Tuesday and it could last for a few days!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Despite a very wet and windy morning, I had a lovely day out in the beautiful city of York today, and it finished brilliantly when I got home to find the postman had put a book parcel through my door in my absence! It's been travelling for a fortnight but it's here now! Thank you very much, bluenoser - I love the novels of Paul Doherty, the master storyteller, and have had this on my wish list for a while. I have loads of books waiting to be read but, even so, I don't think this will hang around for too long before getting to the top of the pile, thank you :-)
We spent part of the day with millycat, another fan of medieval mysteries, so I think I'll offer her this one after me!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Master Storyteller does it again, doing what he does best, telling a rattling good yarn!
Dastardly deeds are afoot in the Abbey of St Martin's-in-the-Marsh in the Lincolnshire fens. Is the devil riding out? Is the ghost of a former outlaw lord involved? Does the answer lie in demon possession? Or is a flesh-and-blood assassin behind the growing body count? Are the outlaws to blame? Or is one the brothers on the rampage? Hugh Corbett has to fight his way through a maze of secrets and lies before he uncovers the truth!
Thanks again, bluenoser. I believe I promised to send this to millycat once I'd read it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 21, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/21/2011 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

In the post for millycat!

Journal Entry 7 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 25, 2011

Part of a bumper bundle from Nu-Knees, thanks for this, I think the Hugh Corbett series are my favourite Paul Doherty books, thanks too to Bluenoser!
p.s. especially welcome as I've given up second hand book buying for Lent!

Journal Entry 8 by millycat at Salcey forest in Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Salcey forest in Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

left on the BC shelf in this popular cafe