corner corner The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew Graphic Novels: Girl Detective #1)

Journal Entry 1 by supersunshine from Lopez Island, Washington USA on Monday, August 09, 2010

My Thoughts:

Publisher's Synopsis:
Everyone's favorite girl detective makes her graphic novel debut!

An all-new series of full-color Nancy Drew graphic novels, with all-new comics stories based on the series by Carolyn Keene, starts right here! Join Nancy, along with Bess and George, as they search for missing student filmmakers and discover the deadly secret behind the local urban legend known as "The Demon of River Heights." Ages 8 to 12.

Journal Entry 2 by supersunshine at Lopez Island, Washington USA on Monday, August 09, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/9/2010 UTC) at Lopez Island, Washington USA

Putting into the Kalman's 17th Birthday Memorial BookBox

Journal Entry 3 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, August 21, 2010

Having grown up with Nancy Drew, and having recently enjoyed my first graphic (a memoir!), I can't resist plucking this from Kalman's bookbox :-)

Journal Entry 4 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, October 03, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/3/2010 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This was super-quick, and a fun return to Nancy Drew.

Sending it along in booklady331's ABC Bookbox

Journal Entry 5 by 4thEstate at Montclair, New Jersey USA on Friday, November 19, 2010

Arrived today by way of the ABC (Already Been Crossed) Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by 4thEstate at Montclair, New Jersey USA on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not bad - it's a nice updating of the Nancy Drew stories. It keeps the whole spirit of the original books, but it's set in places and situations that kids today can better connect with.

Journal Entry 7 by 4thEstate at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA on Monday, June 18, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (6/18/2012 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA

Got this off in the mail on the way into work this morning. It's now off to JennyC1230, who pulled it from the Mystery VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, June 22, 2012

This book arrived from Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB. I received the book yesterday and read it since my daughter wanted to borrow it after me.

It's a good story, I haven't read many graphic novels, but I loved the Nancy Drew series when I was a kid, so it was fun to see the modern take on the old series. I kept thinking George was a boy in the original series, but in this one George is a girl. :-)

Passing to RCOUfan to read, then she'll give it back to me for Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 9 by RCOUFan at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 10, 2013

My mom JennyC1230 gave me this book to read. I finished it and now it's ready to find a new home.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (1/15/2014 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This book is starting out in the Teens Shrinking Bookbox.

Journal Entry 11 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I'm taking this well-traveled book from the Teens Bookbox. I did enjoy the Nancy Drew books as a kid - though I admit to being more fond of the Hardy Boys (who have also been re-imagined in graphic-novel form by the same publisher: I read Crawling with Zombies a while back).

This was a cute story, with some scary and dramatic bits - some of which turned out to be scenes from a movie-in-progress, while others were all too real. Nancy is shown to be a bit of an airhead, though, at least with regard to practical matters like remembering to put gas in the car!

Journal Entry 12 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua Area Family Dentist, 25 Riverside St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (1/30/2014 UTC) at Nashua Area Family Dentist, 25 Riverside St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book in the waiting room at the dentist's office when I stop by at around 1:30. Hope the finder enjoys it!

Journal Entry 13 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I was at the dentist's again today (needed a new crown; ouch!) and spotted this book still among the waiting-room reading materials. Decided that after four years it deserved to move on!

Journal Entry 14 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua Public Library (2 Court Street) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/24/2018 UTC) at Nashua Public Library (2 Court Street) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book on a bench outside the library, on the little plaza overlooking the Riverwalk along the Nashua River. Hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Update, 4/27/2018: edited to add a big thank-you to Michael Green for journaling and re-releasing the book, and to Nashua Telegraph writer Hannah LaClaire for putting an article about the book in the local paper: "BookCrossing: Nancy Drew book goes on eight-year, five-state journey" ***

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 15 by MichaelBGreene at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Found the book behind the Nashua Library, enjoyed it on my lunch break, and just left it in Terragia, the new restaurant on Main St.