corner corner East of the Mountains

East of the Mountains
by David Guterson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingkayjay33wing of Langley, British Columbia Canada on 8/8/2010

status (set by Azuki): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, August 08, 2010

I picked this book up somewhere, not sure where. My sister Rocky12 would like to read it I believe so I'll give it to her and she can bring it back next time she comes to visit.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkayjay33wing at Langley, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, August 08, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/8/2010 UTC) at Langley, British Columbia Canada

I have handed this book to my sister Rocky12 who has expressed an interest in this author. I haven't read it yet but she will bring it back next time that she visits.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkayjay33wing at Langley, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, December 26, 2010

I got the book back from my sister. What a powerful story.Retired doctor Ben Givens having been diagnosed with terminal cancer , sets off to end his life with a "fake" hunting accident. The trek takes him through the orchard areas of Washington State where he meets various people, some good , some bad.
This book deserves to be passed on to others, so perhaps I will start a book ray in the new year.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkayjay33wing at Langley, British Columbia Canada on Monday, July 04, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/4/2011 UTC) at Langley, British Columbia Canada

I just mailed this excellent book off to Utah as requested by a participant of Kalman's VBB. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkayjay33wing at Langley, British Columbia Canada on Friday, July 22, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/21/2011 UTC) at Langley, British Columbia Canada

I sent this book to Utah but it came back to me. I have a chance for a ride to Post Office tomorrow so will send it off again. I hope it gets delivered this time.

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Delivered~Yay!! This looks like a terrific boon, kayjay~Thank You!! I enjoyed unwrapping it as well, and appreciate the Vancouver postcard and the fun stickers. I'll use them:)

And thanks so much for being willing to send it twice!

Journal Entry 7 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, November 22, 2013

This was an amazing and powerful book, and I'm sorry it disappeared under Mt Tbr for so long.
I did enjoy it kayjay, and consider having read it a gift. If anyone from kj's family checks on books, know this one was tremendously appreciated, and is being passed on among other bxrs.

And if anyone wonders why this is going into the Wild Thing bookbox, when it's Ben's story, well, much of what happens, directions the plot takes, hinge upon his dogs.

Journal Entry 8 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, December 09, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (12/10/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This deep-hearted book is off to find it's next reader via my Wild Things Bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Picked it up from the Wild Things bookbox. I read Snow Falling Under Cedars a few years back. Was not sure if this is a book I'll enjoy but the enthusiastic review here persuaded me. Thanks for sharing.