corner corner The Buddha of Suburbia

The Buddha of Suburbia
by Hanif Kureishi | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lucy-lemon of Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, August 06, 2010

status (set by babydoll857): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, August 06, 2010

I bought this from the library sale a few months ago, and embarrassingly can't remember too much about it. I do remember that I found bits of it very funny, and enjoyed it very much, particularly the beginning parts.

Will be sent on a bookray to:
sardonyx - UK - EU posting
babydoll857 - UK - UK pref
madmegzy - UK - Intl if required
Finnchen - Luxembourg - Intl posting
frutz - France - Intl posting
oppem - USA - Intl if required
cat207 - Australia - AU posting pref

Journal Entry 2 by Sardonyx at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, August 16, 2010

The books have arrived safely. Thanks!

I enjoyed reading the book but it was not one of those books that you just can't put down. So it did end up taking me a awhile to read it.

Journal Entry 3 by Sardonyx at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, October 29, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (10/29/2010 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Sent to babydoll857 sorry about the delay!

Journal Entry 4 by babydoll857 at Isleworth, Middlesex United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Thanks for sending it on to me. Will read it asap :-)

Journal Entry 5 by babydoll857 at Isleworth, Middlesex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 03, 2011

I really really enjoyed reading this book. It took me an age as I just haven't had time to read much recently - sorry about that - but it was oh so worth it. Kureishi's writing is razor sharp - so true and cruel and funny. The characters leap out of the page at you and are often twisted individuals. Thanks for sharing - loved it.

I posted this book on to the next person on the list quite a while ago. Hope it hasn't gone astray as I notice it hasn't been journalled :-/

Journal Entry 6 by madmegzy at Accrington, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

just realised that i hadn't journalled this yet - got lost in my pile of books! will post it onto the next person asap

Journal Entry 7 by babydoll857 at Isleworth, Middlesex United Kingdom on Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ha ha ha it's so nice to see a comment like your's madmegzy! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed by bookrings. You should read this though before you pass it on - it is soooooo good!!