corner corner Reaper Man

Reaper Man
by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Travelina of Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, July 29, 2010

status (set by lunacia): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Travelina from Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, April 18, 2011

Book description: "They say there are only two things you can count on ...

But that was before DEATH started pondering the existential. Of course, the last thing anyone needs is a squeamish Grim Reaper and soon his Discworld bosses have sent him off with best wishes and a well-earned gold watch. Now DEATH is having the time of his life, finding greener pastures where he can put his scythe to a whole new use.

But like every cutback in an important public service, DEATH's demise soon leads to chaos and unrest -- literally, for those whose time was supposed to be up, like Windle Poons. The oldest geezer in the entire faculty of Unseen University -- home of magic, wizardry, and big dinners -- Windle was looking forward to a wonderful afterlife, not this boring been-there-done-that routine. To get the fresh start he deserves, Windle and the rest of Ankh-Morpork's undead and underemployed set off to find DEATH and save the world for the living (and everybody else, of course)."

Journal Entry 2 by Travelina at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/13/2012 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Passed on to Sota48 at the bookcrossing meetup at La Baguette today.

Journal Entry 3 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I brought this book home from the BC meeting this afternoon because I am reading Discworld from book one and onwards, so I'm gathering books whenever I get hold of one. However, when I got home I saw that I have this one in my Pratchett shelf already. Will release this book later.

Journal Entry 4 by wingsota48wing at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/24/2012 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

I'm taking the book with me to the BC-meeting tomorrow afternoon. I will leave it on the shelf.

Journal Entry 5 by winglunaciawing at Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm planning on reading more Pratchett books, so I grabbed this at the meetup today. No idea when I'll get around to read it, but I'm sure it'll be a good laugh.