corner corner The Reader

The Reader
by Bernhard Schlink | Literature & Fiction
Registered by countofmonte of Heanor, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 7/17/2010

status (set by da-wildchildz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by countofmonte from Heanor, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by countofmonte at on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/20/2010 UTC) at

Left at the shelf.

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know bookcrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by chocdrop at on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Taken from the shelf.

Journal Entry 4 by chocdrop at A RABCK SURPRISE!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (1/5/2011 UTC) at A RABCK SURPRISE!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending as a surprise RABCK to fulfill a bookcrossers wish.

Journal Entry 5 by da-wildchildz at Thurmaston, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, January 07, 2011

I received this surprise wishlist book in the post today. Many thanks chocdrop for the rabck!

Journal Entry 6 by da-wildchildz at Oadby, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It was the first and only time I stood there.

Last line from The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. I’d wanted to read this ever since watching the film. Beginning the book, I doubted whether I wanted to continue. The affair didn’t interest me and it felt like I was reading Zoë Heller’s Notes on a Scandal.

However, it’s when the affair ends that things begin to get interesting. Well, Hanna Schmitz’s character anyway, Michael Berg begins and ends as a bore. The Reader asks more questions than it answers. Instead of black and white answers, you start seeing in colour. Hanna’s question in court, “What would you have done?” is possibly the one that makes you wonder most of all.

Journal Entry 7 by da-wildchildz at University of Leicester Botanic Garden in Oadby, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/27/2013 UTC) at University of Leicester Botanic Garden in Oadby, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Left on a sculpture.