corner corner Night-time is My Time

Night-time is My Time
by Mary Higgins Clark | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by footymadgill of Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on 7/11/2010

status (set by Camperfan): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by footymadgill from Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, July 11, 2010

The definition of an owl had always pleased him: a night bird of prey...sharp talons and soft plumage which permits noiseless flight...applied figuratively to a person of nocturnal habits. 'I am The Owl', he would whisper to himself after he had selected his prey, 'and nighttime is my time.'"

Jean Sheridan, a college dean and prominent historian, sets out to her hometown to attend the twenty-year reunion of Stonecroft Academy alumni, where she is to be honored along with six other members of her class. There is something uneasy in the air: one woman in the group about to be feted, Alison Kendall, a beautiful, high-powered Hollywood agent, drowned in her pool during an early-morning swim. Alison is the fifth woman in the class whose life has come to a sudden, mysterious end.

Adding to Jean's sense of unease is a taunting, anonymous fax she received, referring to her daughter -- a child she had given up for adoption twenty years ago.

At the award dinner, Jean is introduced to Sam Deegan, a detective obsessed by the unsolved murder of a young woman who may hold the key to the identity of the Stonecroft killer. Jean does not suspect that among the distinguished people she is greeting is The Owl, a murderer nearing the countdown on his mission of vengeance against the Stonecroft women who had mocked and humiliated him, with Jean as his final victim.

Journal Entry 2 by footymadgill at Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province Argentina on Monday, July 12, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/12/2010 UTC) at Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province Argentina

Sent to Marilina85. Enjoy x

Journal Entry 3 by marilina85 at Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thank you very much footymadgill for this RABCK! I really enjoy Mary Higgins Clark´s books.
best wishes!

Journal Entry 4 by marilina85 at Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Saturday, November 06, 2010

Today was a beautiful sunny day in Buenos Aires, a great day for drinking my favourite coffee (Vainilla latte), for eating a blueberry muffin (mmm, delicious) in Starbucks, while reading this suspense thriller, of course.
I really wanted to know who the owl was and I enjoyed reading this book.
Thanks again footymadgill for your kind gesture!

Journal Entry 5 by marilina85 at International RABCK Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 21, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/21/2011 UTC) at International RABCK Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

To the winner of the International Sweeptake (January). I hope you enjoy this book and goodies!
best wishes!

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Thanks for sending me this book marilena! The writer is new to me, but it really looks like an enjoyable book. And also thanks for the little things you included! Big hugs from Belgium!!!

(Reserved for rodespringbal.)

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, October 23, 2011

I must admit that I started this book with rather low expectations. I have recently grown a little tired of detectives and it was the first one I attempted in a while. However I did enjoy it.
The characters seemed well crafted and the story was built up very well. Clark keeps feeding you little snippets of information that make you think: I know who The Owl is, but still I was never quite correct. The ending was good, although the epilogue made it just a little 'cheesy' for my taste.
(Edited to say: In the beginning I did mix up the names of all the male honorees. They were all a little bit strange and nerdy growing up, so I had problems keeping them apart.)
Thanks again for sending it to me Marilina.

Journal Entry 8 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, November 04, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/4/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to rodespringbal, who apparently is a big fan of Mary Higgins Clark and hadn't read this book yet. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Monday, November 14, 2011

got it... :)
bedankt Moriquen

Journal Entry 10 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Full of Higgins Clark magic... thanks again Moriquen :)
So nice of you to let me read it.

Will go to somebody who registered over 1000 BC-books :) a little example for me

Journal Entry 11 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Ok, I hereby promise to start reading night and days from now on too :)
To get all the books I’m hoarding in my house out asap , including this one that looks too promising to send out without reading! Thank you very much , rodespringbal, also for the teas.
You shouldn’t have, but it is truly appreciated !

Journal Entry 12 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, March 07, 2015

This one gets to continue its travel (finally) :)

I will never be a top Higgins Clark fan, but her books are well-crafted :)
I hope the next reader will enjoy it as much as I did :)

Journal Entry 13 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/25/2015 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

One for the road ?
One for you ?
One for the obcz ?

Journal Entry 14 by MMMaartje at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Can't decide if I want to read this one or make someone else happy with it, but thank you either way! :)

Journal Entry 15 by MMMaartje at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, July 10, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/10/2015 UTC) at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands

Sending this one to Camperfan in a box full of English books, so she can help spread the booklove around the world :)

Journal Entry 16 by Camperfan at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, January 21, 2016

From the stock of Tizzalicious, with thanks.
Its not the best MHC I have read, to many caracters involved to my tast.
I hope the finder will enjoy it more.

This book is part of the following challenges:
366/366 2016 van Aaltsje
Uitdaging van januari: thema TIJD.

Journal Entry 17 by Camperfan at Station in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, January 21, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (1/21/2016 UTC) at Station in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

On a bench at the entrance to the trains.