corner corner Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby
by DOUGLAS COUPLAND | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 10, 2010

status (set by Jmiddy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 10, 2010

Product Description
Following the hugely acclaimed bestseller Hey Nostradamus! comes a major new novel from Douglas Coupland: the wonderfully warm, funny, life-affirming story of Liz Dunn, a woman who has spent her whole life alone and lonely -- until now! This is a brilliant work of commercial literary fiction from an author who just gets better and better. 'My name is Liz Dunn. The Liz Dunns of this world take classes in croissant baking, and would rather chew on soccer balls than deny their children muesli. They own one sex toy, plus one cowboy fantasy that accompanies its use! Look at me: I am a traitor to my name: I'm not cheerful; I'm drab. I'm crabby and friendless. And lonely.' Liz Dunn is 42 years old, and lonely. Her house is like 'a spinster's cell block', and she may or may not snore -- there's never been anybody to tell her. Then one day in 1997, with the comet Hale Bopp burning bright in the blue-black sky, Liz receives an urgent phone call asking her to visit a young man in hospital. All at once, the loneliness that has come to define her is ripped away by this funny, smart, handsome young stranger, Jeremy. Her son. Eleanor Rigby is a tale of loneliness and hope that introduces Douglas Coupland's finest character yet. Illuminated by a wonderfully gentle, searching wisdom, it sees Coupland ascend to a new level of peace and grace in his ever-more-extraordinary career.

Journal Entry 2 by Beqi at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/28/2012 UTC) at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Taking along to today's Salcey Forest meet. If not taken by a fellow bookcrosser it will probably end up on the OBCZ shelf in the café :-)

Journal Entry 3 by Jmiddy at Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm just starting to read this book. I found it in Salcey forest and it's funny, as I was looking for a book like this to read! Thanks Beqi! :)

Journal Entry 4 by Jmiddy at Released randomly around the town centre in Benalmádena, Málaga Spain on Friday, August 17, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (8/16/2012 UTC) at Released randomly around the town centre in Benalmádena, Málaga Spain

Finished reading this book and released in pinochios bar along the sea front of Benalmadina!