corner corner The Testament

The Testament
by John Grisham | Literature & Fiction
Registered by daffodil-2 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 6/25/2010

status (set by daffodil-2): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by daffodil-2 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, June 25, 2010

This is a very good story which is different from several other Grisham novels in that it is partly set in Brazil. Another one that is hard to put down!

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be lent to my friend Snoopy56 at the meetup in Norwich but I will ask her to return it to me as it is part of my permanent collection.

To the finder:-
Welcome to bookcrossing -you have found a travelling book. Please make a journal entry now to say where you found the book in case it has been moved. Then, when you have read it, please come back and make a further entry saying whether or not you enjoyed the book and why. Thanks for coming onto the site to let me know you have found the book.

I already have books travelling in New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, the USA, Madeira, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Turkey, the Canary Islands, France, the Channel Islands, Wales and all over the UK.

Journal Entry 3 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, July 14, 2012

my first John Grisham.

Journal Entry 4 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, August 04, 2012

I enjoyed this book especially the bits set in the area of South America called the Panatal. This book is now going back to daffodil-2.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, April 20, 2017

REVIEW:- " I've just read this book for the second time as I could remember really enjoying it first time around. At first I thought I wasn't going to enjoy it so much as before but after a chapter or two I really got into the story and empathised with the main character Nate. I was surprised at how emotional I got about Nate-a recovering alcoholic. John Grisham described so well Nate's hallucinations when he was ill. I felt I was there with him. I would add that I think John Grisham's earlier novels are mostly superior to some of his later ones e.g. Skipping Christmas and Bleachers but he can still turn out some good ones IMHO.

I enjoyed the legal cut and thrust in this novel but the journey to and through Brazil was brilliant too. Luckily I had forgotten how the story ended and it didn't disappoint."

I'm reserving this book for another bookcrosser who I'm meeting for the first time next month.