corner corner Summer Sisters

Summer Sisters
by Judy Blume | Literature & Fiction
Registered by beachglass of Fresno, California USA on 7/10/2003

status (set by Lukutoukka): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by beachglass from Fresno, California USA on Thursday, July 10, 2003

available for trade...

Journal Entry 2 by beachglass from Fresno, California USA on Tuesday, September 02, 2003

This book is going to fellow BC'er tootshelling...thanks for the trade! :-)

Journal Entry 3 by tootshelling from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, September 14, 2003

Thanks Lori! I got this in the mail this week. I didn't have access to my computer so I'm journalling it now. Thanks for the post card, I'm a collector, so its going into the collection!!

Judy Blume was such a favorite of mine as a child. I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 4 by tootshelling from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I haven't read it yet but its time to pass it on...going to VividReader...enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by VividReader from Portland, Oregon USA on Friday, November 30, 2007

Sorry for the delay, I also forgot, and then I was on vacation, too! Just got back. :) Thanks for the book! I'll be sure to pass it on when I'm done.

Journal Entry 6 by VividReader from Portland, Oregon USA on Thursday, January 17, 2008

I wanted to read this book because Judy Blume wrote such excellent children's books, and I was hoping that her adult novels would have the same quality. Well, I wasn't disappointed. I read this book in one day, just sat down and read it cover to cover. Judy Blume paints such an amazing picture of all the different characters. They seem true to life. I became so absorbed in the characters and their lives that I actually cried along with them. And I never cry.

Now being offered as a bookring...
Rules:
1. Journal the book when you receive it and when you send it to the next person.
2. Contact the next person on the list when you receive the book, to see if they want to be skipped. Check the book’s journal entry before PMing, as the order is subject to change if people are added.
3. Don't keep the book for longer than one month; pass it on or ask to be skipped.
4. Enjoy the book. :)

Current order (subject to change):
dabercro (USA-UT) - US or Canada only
rosepetal2 (USA-IL) - US only
esq228 (USA-NJ) - prefers US, int'l OK
hippolein (Finland) - prefers Europe, int'l OK

Bookring is complete!

Journal Entry 7 by VividReader from Portland, Oregon USA on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sent to dabercro yesterday via Media Mail!

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Received in the mail yesterday. I will start reading in the next couple of days.

Journal Entry 9 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Saturday, February 09, 2008

I really enjoyed the book. It takes us from preadolescence into adulthood (1977-1996) of Vix and Caitlin, best friends and summer sisters. I particularly liked the way throughout the book the author deviated from the storyline to give us the different characters thoughts and feelings in the first person.

Thank you, VividReader, for sharing. I will be mailing this on to rosepetal2 in IL on Monday, 2/11.

Journal Entry 10 by rosepetal2 from Belleville, Illinois USA on Saturday, February 16, 2008

Received in the mail today. I have a long weekend and plan to start on it today.

Journal Entry 11 by rosepetal2 from Belleville, Illinois USA on Thursday, February 21, 2008

Around chapter 2 I realized I've read this book before, a few years ago. I mean who can forget names like Lamb and Sharkey? But Judy Blume is such a good author that I just had to read it again. And it didn't disappoint, even the second time around. Will be mailing out to esq228 tomorrow. Thanks for letting me participate!

Journal Entry 12 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Monday, March 03, 2008

Received today and will be starting on it tonight!!! Thanks.

Journal Entry 13 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'd forgotten how much I love Judy Blume until I read this. Simply a marvelous story told in a unique and interesting way with the thoughts of characters interspersed among the story. This book made me laugh and cry and made me remember someone who was once my own summer sister, of sorts. The ending was an utter surprise, which was both rare (in my experience anyway) and quite welcome. I was told a few years back that this was a book I just had to read, and now I understand why. Oddly enough, also, it came at the right time as I feel as though the story had more impact on me now then it would have when first suggested to me.

So thank you Vividreader for sharing and for everyone else for keeping this bookring going. I will send this on as soon as I have received the contact information for the next reader.

Journal Entry 14 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sent to the next reader on 4/2/08 via first class air mail (US no longer does ground shipping).

Journal Entry 15 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, April 11, 2008

Book arrived safely in Finland today.
Look forward to getting to know Judy Blume ... and reading the book.
Thanks Vividreader for sharing the book.

Thanks a lot for giving me permission to release it here in Finland. Goes to the general get-together of Finland-Bookcrossers in Helsinki

Journal Entry 16 by Teddyke from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Read this over the weekend, liked it some but not so much. Seem to recall reading books with a similar topic (surrogate family, special "sisterly" friend from childhood & what happens to her/them later in time,e, etc)that I enjoyed more.

Journal Entry 17 by winghippoleinwing at At meetup, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 07, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/7/2008 UTC) at At meetup, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

This book goes to the meeting in Suomenlinna ;-)
Have fun reading!

Journal Entry 18 by Lukutoukka from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, June 08, 2008

I took this book at the Finnish summer meeting.

Journal Entry 19 by Lukutoukka from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vix befriends with her new glamorous classmate, Caitlin, and that will change her life.

Journal Entry 20 by Lukutoukka at Silja Serenade in Tallink Silja , -- Ruotsi laivalla / Finlands färjan -- Finland on Sunday, June 15, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/16/2008 UTC) at Silja Serenade in Tallink Silja , -- Ruotsi laivalla / Finlands färjan -- Finland

Kesäsiskot pääsevät huomenna seikkailemaan Helsingistä Tukholmaan lähtevälle Silja Serenadelle.