corner corner Short, Sharp Shock

Short, Sharp Shock
by Kim Stanley Robinson | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by The-Mad-Swede of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 6/22/2010

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by The-Mad-Swede from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Didn't really like this one. Hopefully it'll find somebody who enjoys it elsewhere.

For my full review, see http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4329855.A_Short_Sharp_Shock

Journal Entry 2 by The-Mad-Swede at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/22/2010 UTC) at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Will be given to Panzeranzi at today's BC meet.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPanzeranziwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, June 25, 2010

Thanks! Love the title!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPanzeranziwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not my cup of tea. What's the point with this story? Life is a struggle and we change through time? We're born, we live, we die and in between we eat, work and love but in the end we discover that we haven't even understood the person closest to us? Booooring!

Journal Entry 5 by wingPanzeranziwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (9/28/2011 UTC) at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Congrats! =)

Journal Entry 6 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Sunday, October 09, 2011

I won the You've Got Mail Sweeps, and everyone has sent such interesting things!! Although reading the reviews from the previous two readers this may not be an entertaining as it sounds, I am still going to give it a shot :-)

Journal Entry 7 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Sunday, December 25, 2011

I am sure there is some deeper meaning in this book that I just did not get...at least I am hoping so, otherwise it really is just a collection of creation myths from a world that doesn't exist. And not even really interesting myths. This should have been an entertaining story of a travel through a foreign land, with discussions on all the weird and interesting peoples that inhabit this world....but instead, it is just a meandering story that doesn't seem to go anywhere.

I believe I will be passing this along with a bookring book.

Journal Entry 8 by winginnaewing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/31/2011 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

will be headed off with The Cannibals of Candyland to Hawaii!!

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, January 20, 2012

This book arrived today as a bonus book traveling with a bookray. I've already read it (first copy on my shelf is here) and don't need to re-read it, so I'll try to find a new home for it.

I do appreciate the thought, and the "Get Out of Hell Free" card. :p

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/19/2012 UTC) at Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released at the Great Aloha Run Health & Fitness Expo for GoryDetails's bird challenge to go with the Great Backyard Bird Count.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

I'd be thrilled if you'd make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands - you may even do so anonymously.

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me (hyphen8) as your referring member, but that's certainly not required.

In fact, there are no requirements: this is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection"...but you don't have to.

Please do feel free to make a journal entry when you're done with the book saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next: if you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

Free your books - help spread the words!