corner corner The Visitant

The Visitant
by Kathleen O'Neal Gear | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kz4ufo of Panama City Beach, Florida USA on 7/9/2003

status (set by FamFatale): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by kz4ufo from Panama City Beach, Florida USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2003

My mom found me this first one in the Anasazi series to read. She found it at a used book store in Tennessee....so who knows where this book has already traveled!

Journal Entry 2 by kz4ufo from Panama City Beach, Florida USA on Saturday, July 12, 2003

Very good mystery! This deals with a series of murders that happened over 800 years ago with the Anasazi and switches back to present-day archeologists uncovering the 'mysterious' remains.

I can't wait to start Book II, "The Summoning God"!

Journal Entry 3 by kz4ufo from Panama City Beach, Florida USA on Thursday, July 24, 2003

I am sending this to fellow BookCrosser, foovay.

Journal Entry 4 by kz4ufo at on Thursday, July 24, 2003

Release planned for Friday, August 01, 2003 at to fellow bookcrosser in postal release, postal release USA.

Sending this to fellow BookCrosser, foovay! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by foovay on Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Forgive me for being lazy and repeating myself three times ;) but...

I am REALLY looking forward to reading this. I love the Gears' First North American novels, and I am a major mystery fan to boot, so this book sounds perfect for me :D.

Journal Entry 6 by foovay on Sunday, August 17, 2003

I read nonstop. I just HAD to know "whodunit".

Journal Entry 7 by foovay on Thursday, November 20, 2003

mailing to another bookcrosser today!

Journal Entry 8 by kestralwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Just got this in the mail -- thanks foovay! I'm looking forward to reading all three books, and then passing them on in the mail as a set.

Journal Entry 9 by kestralwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Saturday, February 28, 2004

Although this book is well-written, and the setting is fascinating, I found it a little too intense and bloody for my taste.

I'm sending the whole set on to England as part of a BookRelay.

Journal Entry 10 by LeighBCD on Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Kestralwing, thank you so much! You are all so generous! I am really interested to try this first book in the series, if I like it, I will definitely try the others.

Journal Entry 11 by LeighBCD on Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Wow! This was really excellent - thanks so much again Kestralwing for putting this book into the relay system. I would probably never have read this had it not been for Bookcrossing - isn't this why the site is so wonderful?

I went to a number of Anasazi sites and other places mentioned in the book when I was travelling through the US last year so it was great to be able to picture in my mind what it all would have looked like. In particular, I went to the Mesa Verde National Park where they talked a lot about Chaco NHM and the Pueblo Bonito where this novel is set. I had limited time available so made a conscious decision not to go to Chaco. I am regretting it now! The history of New Mexico and the Four Corners region generally is utterly fascinating to me and I would love to go back... who knows, watch this space!

Back to the book... I thought the interweaving of the past and present was very well done and provided some excellent twists in the tale. I read this book through a rainy Monday Bank Holiday - it was too wet to go out so I was able to luxuriate in my leather bean bag underneath my window listening to the rain falling and reading this great book while drinking too much coffee and eating chocolate! Days like that do not come along too often... I am glad I was able to read this book on one of them.

I will read the next book in the series soon... thanks again everyone before me who enabled this novel to reach me here in Blighty!

Journal Entry 12 by LeighBCD at on Thursday, May 27, 2004

Released on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at to FamFatale in Chantilly, Virginia Controlled Releases.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 13 by FamFatale from Chantilly, Virginia USA on Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Received the set. I have never heard of the authors or the series, so am in for a new experience !! Hooray