corner corner Devil Bones

Devil Bones
by Kathy Reichs | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Captainsdoxy of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, June 12, 2010

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Captainsdoxy from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, June 12, 2010

"An underground chamber is exposed in a seedy, dilapidated house with sagging trim and peeling paint. Called to the scene is forensic anthropologist Dr Temperance Brennan. Fighting her claustrophobia, and the unmistakeable sweet fetid odour of rotting flesh, Tempe descends the steep makeshift steps. What awaits her below....."

A mystery/thriller by an author new to me. Easy enough read and made me want to find out what happened next.

Journal Entry 2 by Captainsdoxy at Ministry of Health in Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, June 13, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (6/13/2010 UTC) at Ministry of Health in Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand

In the PMO area

(then borrowed back to loan to CO at 652)

Journal Entry 3 by Captainsdoxy at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, April 18, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/16/2011 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Given to a fellow booklover/bookcrosser jamiemcpinker

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hadn't read Kathy Reichs before so had no basis for comparison with her other works. I have, however, read Ian Rankin, Sarah Paretsky, James lee Burke, Patricia Cornwell and a host of other thriller writers. I found the heroine/narrator believable but not terribly engaging, the wealth of forensic detail a bit OTT and the book not the compulsive page-turner that I like a good thriller to be.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I gave this to a friend. I haven't read it, as I'm not really into Cathy Reichs