corner corner The Book Boy (Quick Reads S.)

The Book Boy (Quick Reads S.)
by Joanna Trollope | Women's Fiction
Registered by marcienz of Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, June 10, 2010

status (set by futurecat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm not sure if this is for Young Adults or not. It has nice large print and is called a "Quick Read".

I enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by marcienz at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 11, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (6/10/2010 UTC) at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand

Released at the Espress Yourself Cafe.

Journal Entry 3 by aussie-rose at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 11, 2010

Given to me at a 'mini-meetup' in Darfield today! It was lovely meeting MarcieNZ & Otakuu today! :-)

I'll journal this book again once it's been read!

Journal Entry 4 by aussie-rose at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 07, 2011

Read the book and would recommend it for a young teen. Deals with issues of domestic violence, illiteracy, peer pressure etc.

have given it back to marcienz to release as we didn't have enough room to take it back to Oz!

Journal Entry 5 by aussie-rose at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 07, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (1/7/2011 UTC) at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand

Given back to marcienz

Journal Entry 6 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Picked up at today's impromptu meetup. Good to see you again, Marcie!

=+=

Journal Entry 7 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, March 08, 2012

I think rather than for young adults, it may be aimed at low-literacy adults (which would be a good fit for the subject matter). It's certainly written in a style which I'm familiar with from literacy teaching - relatively small vocabulary and short sentences - it shows it is possible to write a good story for adults within those constraints, which is impressive.

=+=

Journal Entry 8 by wingfuturecatwing at Circular Quay in Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/24/2012 UTC) at Circular Quay in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Left on a bench on Circular Quay during a flying visit to Sydney on my way to the Dublin convention.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group