corner corner Third Girl (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)

Third Girl (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)
by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 6/7/2010

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 07, 2010

Bought at the Indiana Free Library used book sale in Indiana, Pa., to read and release in the wild.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 09, 2015

I like to read Agatha Christie books periodically to restore order to my brain. Knowing that there is a solution to chaotic situations is particularly soothing. In "Third Girl," poor Monsieur Poirot is vexed by knowing too many facts to see the pattern that will help him solve the mystery, and I knew exactly how he felt. This was classic Christie, with the denouement in a roomful of suspects, followed by a complete explanation in the next chapter for those of us who still didn't get it. Written in 1966, the story is full of references to modern young people—the way they dress, the way they act, the drugs they do—it's a lovely little time capsule to open in 2015.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, June 18, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (6/18/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library shortly before 2 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing grubsneerg (or any other journaller of this book) as the member who referred you.