corner corner The Case of Sergeant Grischa

by Arnold Zweig | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Vasha of Ithaca, New York USA on 5/23/2010

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Vasha from Ithaca, New York USA on Sunday, May 23, 2010

Found at the Friends of the Library book sale. See my journal entry on the German version of the novel for what I thought when I read it.

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 28, 2010

Thanks so much for your donation Vasha!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I am adopting this 1001-Library book for storage. It is available for check-out!

Journal Entry 4 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This book is now back on the 1001 library bookshelf and can be borrowed by PMing svoight:)

If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at Ithaca, New York USA on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/12/2011 UTC) at Ithaca, New York USA

moving on

Journal Entry 6 by Vasha at Ithaca, New York USA on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Back in my possession

Journal Entry 7 by Vasha at Ithaca, New York USA on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/5/2011 UTC) at Ithaca, New York USA

In transit.

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, December 23, 2011

Received a medium-sized brick in the mail today; on second look, it turned out to be this somewhat fragile book. The pages seem to be in good shape but the cover isn't doing too well - the package had cardboard "crumbs" in it where the edges had flaked off.

I don't think I'm qualified to do the kind of repair this book needs - if it was a recent mass-market edition I wouldn't hesitate to patch it up but I think this venerable hardback deserves better. I'll be careful while reading it and hope that someone else further down the line will be able to give it some TLC.

Received as part of flewry's US/Can 1001-Library VBB