corner corner A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes

A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes
by Stephen W. Hawking | Science
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Centreville, Virginia USA on 5/23/2010

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, May 23, 2010

Picked this up at The Book Thing in Baltimore, Maryland. I read another copy of this a while back, and this is what I had to say then:

I finally finished this book. It's engaging, witty, and of course fascinating, but all the same I had to read it in spurts. Most of it was not new information, but it helped solidify a lot of concepts in my head through analogies plucked from real life. I'm still a tad shaky on string theory, but I do have a better understanding of black holes than I did before. This is what a layman's science book should be like: no equations or jargon, lots of pictures, and a very friendly narrative tone.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at Boy Scout Memorial in Washington, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, October 02, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/1/2010 UTC) at Boy Scout Memorial in Washington, District of Columbia USA

Left on a bench next to the fountain. (Which was running, but looked more like a hot tub.)

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Thursday, October 21, 2010

good book, found it in DC, dropping it off in union square san francisco this morning!!