corner corner Coyote Blue: A Novel

Random Acts of Kindness 2010 Daily Calendar: 02/03,04/2010
PASS-ALONG PROMISES (Inspiration for Women) by Hope Clarke
REACH FOR THE STARS CARD
52 WAYS TO CELEBRATE FRIENDSHIP CARD by Lynn Gordon: Say it in Writing

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thank you so much shemchin for feeding my book habit - what a great way to brighten up a dreary week! ;)

(Larger photo here.)

This gratefully received RABCK book will probably become a replacement for a bookray which unfortunately hasn't moved for almost a year.

Amusingly enough, it's the third copy on my bookshelf...and the third different cover!

Other copies:

Not my favorite from Christopher Moore, but still amusing.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, August 11, 2011

This will be going out soon to continue a stalled bookray.

Tentative order:

MarcThomas (France)
Ossiefry (Portugal)
JennyC1230 (Georgia, US) - found her own copy
penelopewanders (Switzerland) - will RABCK the book forward

Interested? Sign up here and send me a PM with your mailing preferences, please.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Grrr. Now that I have the first person's address and want to send it out, this book is hiding! I hope I didn't send it out in a box of books...

Found it. I'm hoping to send this out tomorrow.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (9/6/2011 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Going out to restart a stalled bookray.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Please make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know it's safely in your hands.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 7 by MarcThomas at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

As I started reading this book, I couldn’t help spot a few reviews that the Anglo-Saxons are so keen on putting everywhere in and out of the book. Most of these reviews read: “Very funny” and comments alike. I naturally came to think things like “Cool, I’m gonna have a good time”. And naturally I didn’t. The novel is so American in many aspects: written in a friendly way – like the author is telling his friends a funny story – full of unnecessary crude passages – I’m not prudish but I needn’t know all about the characters’ sexual lives – going from surprising evolutions to unbelievable achievements – this story is much of a global nonsense really – with an ending as predictable as Greece’s bankruptcy – and I would place a bet on it. There is nothing more upsetting than getting to the end of a novel and mouthing “I bloody knew it” ; and that’s exactly what happened at the end of this one. Not original, silly and most importantly not entertaining at all. A bad reading.

PMing Ossiefry so the ray goes on.

Journal Entry 8 by Ossiefry at Aljezur, Faro Portugal on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just arrived, thanks!
Will start reading it soon!

Journal Entry 9 by Ossiefry at Aljezur, Faro Portugal on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I don't know exactly what it was about this book, but I had problems keeping awake whilst reading it! To slow moving for a fantasy, and to confusing for a fiction, and yes, a rather predictable ending. So many reviews saying how funny it is, but I guess I have a different sense of humour.

Journal Entry 10 by Ossiefry at a Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/8/2011 UTC) at a Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Will be on it's way to penelopewanders the next time I drive past the post office. :)

Journal Entry 11 by Ossiefry at sent by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/7/2011 UTC) at sent by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sorry to have taken so long to post this one, but I got a bit confused with the Christmas rush! It is now finaly in the care of the post office... ;)

Journal Entry 12 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thanks so much for sending and making available (a number of rings and rays here.... hopefully I won't need too much rest.)

Journal Entry 13 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Funny sort of cross between Hillerman and, as one of the review blurbs mentions, Carl Hiaasen. That kind of surreal wackiness, in a native American setting. Interesting read, although the main character, with his chameleon skill, remains a bit unconvincing to me. As he says at some point, he's spent his whole life running away, now it's time to start running towards... but that decision to make that shift seems to take place off-stage, so to speak.
Nonetheless an intriguing tale; I enjoyed all the mythological references.
Not quite sure where this goes next, whether I'm the end of the ray or not.

Journal Entry 14 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I am on a spiral with another bookcrosser who has this on her wishlist. The next installment in the spiral just arrived, so as she is indeed interested in this one, I'll send it along when I send the spiral. Unfortunately it's a very long non-fiction, so it may still be several weeks or even a couple of months before this travels from its cozy nest in the Alps. As this was the end of a ray, I hope that's all right.

Journal Entry 15 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, May 18, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/18/2012 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

After spending a great winter here in the Swiss Alps, this book has hitched a ride on the Slavery spiral (hosted by book-man-8) to Ireland. The next in line for the spiral had this book on a wishlist, so now the Coyote can travel there and the ray can continue.
Thanks for making this ray available.

Journal Entry 16 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Thanks penelopewanders for this wish list book.