corner corner The Modern Christian Mystic: Finding the Unitive Presence of God

The Modern Christian Mystic: Finding the Unitive Presence of God
by Albert J. LaChance | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by elstaplador of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 5/19/2010

status (set by elstaplador): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by elstaplador from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 19, 2010

From the Woking Oxfam shop.

Journal Entry 2 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, June 06, 2013

I disliked this book. It presented the way that I experience and think of the Divine in such an irritating manner that it half convinced me that my hard-won understanding of God is New Age woowoo. Some of this book was New Age woowoo. Some of it was potentially very useful, but I am not sure that I care to wade back in to sort out the wheat from the chaff. The author is addicted to exclamation marks and gender essentialism, and, while projecting a (probably genuine) aura of love and tolerance, conveys the idea that anyone who disagrees with him is unenlightened.

Journal Entry 3 by elstaplador at Bench - details in the release notes in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/8/2013 UTC) at Bench - details in the release notes in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

This book has been released as part of the BookCrossing.com project, which allows readers to follow the books they've loved and passed on as they travel through the wild. If you enjoy this book, please consider leaving a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and where it might be going next.

Left on a bench in Oxford University Parks. Discus event - team Ruritania (http://bookcrossingolympics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/discus.html)

Discus