corner corner The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency

The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Bagmaker of Rhosllanerchrugog, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, May 20, 2010

status (set by Bookworm-lady): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Bagmaker from Rhosllanerchrugog, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, May 20, 2010

Loved this book and couldn't resist it when I spotted it in a charity shop - bought for a RABCK.

Journal Entry 2 by Bagmaker at By post, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 24, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (5/25/2010 UTC) at By post, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Safrolistics at Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another received in a big parcel of books to help me get through my mushy-brained maternity leave. And also another of those books I've really been meaning to read. So thanks again Bagmaker. Looking forward to putting my feet up with this one.

Journal Entry 4 by Safrolistics at Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Monday, August 02, 2010

Don't know why, but thought I'd attempted to read this in the past and didn't like it. Which proves just how mushy my brain is, as I've just finished this and loved it (and not read it before either!)
Not sure where this book will go to next, watch this space.....

Journal Entry 5 by Safrolistics at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (8/3/2010 UTC) at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom

Being posted to the "I've never won a sweepstake winner". Hope you enjoy all your books!

Journal Entry 6 by wingfootymadgillwing at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Received this book as the winner of "Never Won a RABCK Sweep" European.

Journal Entry 7 by wingfootymadgillwing at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, August 15, 2010

I loved this book. It is much better that the tv series. Made me smile!

I know where this is going on to so read it first out of the hundreds of TBRs I have!

Journal Entry 8 by wingfootymadgillwing at RABCK, Pohjois-Karjala Finland on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (8/17/2010 UTC) at RABCK, Pohjois-Karjala Finland

Sent to the winner of INTL Sweepstakes RABCK - July

Journal Entry 9 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala Finland on Monday, August 23, 2010

Thank you very much for this book from my wishlist:) I've read this one before in Finnish but I thought I just have to read it in English as well...and I'm sure it'll be even better in the original language!

Journal Entry 10 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala Finland on Thursday, May 12, 2011

Oh what a lovely read:) and I know the story so well already but it is still possible to find new things there everytime and it still makes me smile:)

Journal Entry 11 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (6/15/2011 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book was sent to the winner of 5th EU birthday sweepstake! Congratulations and I hope you'll enjoy it!:)

Journal Entry 12 by Nakipa at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thank you so much Soozreader for sharing a book you loved with me. By the looks of it I'm sure I'll like it too. When I'm done I'll share my thoughts with you :D

Journal Entry 13 by Nakipa at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, September 29, 2012

I tried it, I really did but I do not like this book. I read another Alexander McCall Smith book from a different series and still I did not like it. But I tried! :D

Journal Entry 14 by Nakipa at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/1/2012 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Going to Spain for a Birthday RABCK winner. I hope you enjoy. :D

Journal Entry 15 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Received yesterday; thanks a lot for sharing it with me, Nakipa!
I have heard so much about this book, I have been meaning to read it for a long time now...
I see this particular copy has been RABCKed many times, and there are mixed opinions about it. Apparently, you either love it or hate it... Really curious now...
Thanks again!!