corner corner Frankenstein

Frankenstein
by Mary Shelley | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingpippiswing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 4/29/2010

status (set by Simson-Shilitoe): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, April 29, 2010

Begun when the author was only eighteen and conceived from a nightmare, Frankenstein is the deeply disturbing story of a monstrous creation which has terrified and chilled readers since its first publication in 1818, and has thus seared its way into the popular imagination while establishing itself as one of the pioneering works of modern science fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing at by post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (9/22/2010 UTC) at by post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Frankenstein will be shipped to Belgium for some waffles and chocolate. Hope he enj..no, wait! Hope _he_ is enjoyed by the receiver!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Thanks for the treats you sent me together with the book. I already ate one of them (strange but very tasty) and I'm saving the other for a friend named Marianne! ;)

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, April 18, 2011

I must say that this book can really still stand its ground as a classic. Todays horror stories focus too much on blood and gore, the classical ones are far more subtle. The horror lies in what mankind can put himself through. The prison he builds for himself.
Thanks again for sending it to me pippis!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 18, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/19/2011 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On it way to sfogs. I saw it was on your wishlist and thought I would surprise you with it. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 29, 2011

Wow! Thank you sooo much!
I could be a while before I can read it, but it will be read!!

Journal Entry 7 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, September 12, 2011

Wow I wasn't wrong when I said I'd be a while in reading this book!
I accually quite liked this book. Though I found Frankenstein a bit silly at times. I mean if you make a monster out of 'spare bits' of dead people of cause it's going to be ugly...and possiably evil.

Journal Entry 8 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (9/15/2011 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

On it's way to Germany! I hope you like it!

Journal Entry 9 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The book arrived safe and sound in today`s mail.

At the moment I am reading "A Clockwork Orange" and some other tbr-books.

So "Frankenstein" has to rest a little bit on my tbr-hill.

Thank you "Sfogs" for sharing and including me in this RABCK and book exchange.

I am going to mail my exchange book to New Zealand within the next 2 days.