corner corner The Cat Who Saw Red

The Cat Who Saw Red
by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Skylerdragon of Parkville, Missouri USA on Sunday, July 06, 2003

status (set by Pattakins): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Skylerdragon from Parkville, Missouri USA on Sunday, July 06, 2003

I really enjoyed this book because it depicts a reporter with many of the same interests that I have. I have always faniced myself as a reporter on the side so I really like the hero Qwilleran. He is a little less exciting than I thought he would be and reminds me a lot of Poirrot. (I'm not sure why because I have never read Christhie's Poirrot mysteries. I have only watched the PBS series episodes.)
On the bioplate it is noted that Braun wrote this series in the '60s as well. I have never read them. My mom gave me this one. I love it. She has also given me several others. Apparently this is her first return to the character since the previous run of the series.
In the book, Qwilleran moves into a boarding house inhabited by the strangest of characters. When he discovers that an old girlfriend is also there he is suddenly taken again by her, despite her marriage to potter in the same house.
Qwilleran also meets a lawyer, proprietor of the boarding house, whimsically named Mickey Maus. He meets a few other artists, blue noses and busybodies as well. All of them have ties to food, art and haunting tragedy that occurred in the boarding house years ago. Each tennant has bittersweet personal traits that make them suspect when one of the local restaurants (Qwilleran writes a column about it)is threatened, a young undergrad disapperas and his old girlfriend suddenly and mysteriously vanishes.
Qwillerans super sleuths Yum Yum and Koko, help him uncover the mystery of all three threats and ultimately resolve his unrequited love for his old girlfriend.

Journal Entry 2 by Skylerdragon at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Festus, Missouri USA on Saturday, January 24, 2004

Release planned for Monday, January 26, 2004 at Controlled Release to another BookCrosser in Festus, Missouri USA.

I met a bookCrosser who wanted to start a library for shut-ins! Great idea! Im glad to help!

Journal Entry 3 by Bookworminfl on Thursday, January 29, 2004

recieved in the mail today.. plan on reading and putting into the lending library or on a wild release!

Journal Entry 4 by AdorableAmy from Kansas City, Missouri USA on Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I got this from the lending library to send off to Pattakins. Hope she likes it!

Journal Entry 5 by AdorableAmy at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Kansas City, Missouri USA on Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (7/19/2005 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Kansas City, Missouri USA

Mailed to: Pattakins. Please accept my apologies for the address thing!

Journal Entry 6 by Pattakins from La Verne, California USA on Monday, July 25, 2005

I recieved this from AdorableAmy as part of a private trade. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by Skylerdragon from Parkville, Missouri USA on Sunday, October 16, 2005

I bought a new copy of this book to trade because I have a new bookcrossing friend who wants to read it. I'm giving the copy I bought a different BCID though. She apparently didn't know that I didn't still have this book even though its marked TBR by Pattakins. Pattakins still has this copy in California.

Journal Entry 8 by Pattakins from La Verne, California USA on Thursday, April 13, 2006

I sent this to a person via PaperBackSwap.com.