corner corner King Lear (Arden Shakespeare)

King Lear (Arden Shakespeare)
by Wiliam Shakespeare | Plays & Scripts
Registered by elstaplador of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 4/26/2010

status (set by elstaplador): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by elstaplador from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 26, 2010

Not my favourite of the tragedies. Almost all the characters are unpleasant, and such as aren't are insipid. Is possibly more inspiring on the stage? As national mythology goes, I rather prefer Cymbeline, though of course that's troubling in a less straightforward way. (But when was Shakespeare ever simple?)

Journal Entry 2 by elstaplador at -- Train Somewhere in London in -- London trains, -- Trains, Tube, Metro, Buses -- United Kingdom on Monday, April 26, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/27/2010 UTC) at -- Train Somewhere in London in -- London trains, -- Trains, Tube, Metro, Buses -- United Kingdom

First release! I assume it'll either be picked up by a passenger somewhere between Guildford (where my train terminated) and London Waterloo (where it was heading afterwards), or by a member of the train crew. But you never know...

EDIT 6th June 2013 - this counts as Team Ruritania's entry for the Road Cycling event in the BookCrossing Olympics: http://bookcrossingolympics.blogspot.co.uk/