corner corner My Name is Red

My Name is Red
by Orhan Pamuk | Literature & Fiction
Registered by SophieMops of Värnamo, Småland Sweden on Sunday, April 18, 2010

status (set by ETMadrid): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by SophieMops from Värnamo, Småland Sweden on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Got this book last year when we had decided to go to Turkey for our vacation. It is set up like a mystery, but in the end I do not think that it important who the murderer is. Interesting way of telling a story with a changing perspective.

Journal Entry 2 by SophieMops at Värnamo, Småland Sweden on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/20/2010 UTC) at Värnamo, Småland Sweden

This book has now been posted to kingfan30 (http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/kingfan30) in a trade.

Journal Entry 3 by kingfan30 on Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book has arrived safe and sound. Thanks x

18 March 12 - I liked the idea of the way this book was written with each chapter being from a different characters perspective so you only get their take on the story at any one time, but for me this didn't quite work as they all sounded the same, which meant I had to keep flipping back to the beginning the chapter to remind myself who I was reading.

The mystery was intriguing and was what kept me reading, I certainly did not work our who done it. The love story was not that interesting and I did not like Shekure, she was very manipulative and did not seem to know what she wanted. It read like a art history book a lot of the time and although interesting to start with, I soon tired of it, if felt like this book could have been a lot shorter. It would have been great if this book had some illustrations to help with the descriptions of the pictures, but then I guess that would have made it even longer!! Sorry for having this book so long!

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/21/2012 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sending on as a RABCK and as part of the Ultimate Challenge - Theme for March - Colour

Journal Entry 5 by ETMadrid at London , Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, March 23, 2012

It's here! Many thanks for the offer of this enticing looking book. It'll be the first time I read a Turkish author.