corner corner Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451
by Ray Bradbury | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghank-chinaskiwing of Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 4/15/2010

status (set by DEESSE): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghank-chinaskiwing from Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 15, 2010

Read a copy in German translation and, to be honest, was rather disappointed with it. In no way can Bradbury be compared to writers such as George Orwell or Aldous Huxley. I found the story rather weak and not very convincing. The basic idea with books being a threat fot totalitarian regimes is brilliant, of course, but what Bradbury made of it was much less than I expected.

Journal Entry 2 by winghank-chinaskiwing at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 2010 (Theater Griffioen) in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, April 15, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/16/2010 UTC) at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 2010 (Theater Griffioen) in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Amsterdam Convention 2010.

Journal Entry 3 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, April 19, 2010

This book has a different cover.

I took it because my boyfriend (who reads only about four books in a year!!!) told me to read this book one day, because I should read "good books". I think it's one of the "1001 books to be read before you die".

Thanks - has to go on MTBR first.

Journal Entry 4 by wingDEESSEwing at La Toscana in Oberkirch, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/16/2013 UTC) at La Toscana in Oberkirch, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Next to the 394° C hot pizza oven... (will upload photo later...)

The poor book was already sweating a lot after a few seconds in the hands of the pizza baker, and as I didn't want to risk its pages catching fire (at "Fahrenheit 451" ;-) - or 232° C) I found a somewhat cooler place for it - in the entrance area of the pizzeria "La Toscana".

Lieber Finder!
Dieses Buch startet im Rahmen der ersten Bookcrossing Olympischen Spiele für die Disziplin Taekwondo - für das Team France.
Wenn du uns helfen willst, gib bitte die BCID-Nr. ein und mache einen Tagebucheintrag.

Dear finder!
This book takes part in the first bookcrossing Olympic Games, for team France, event Taekwondo ("hot (and sweaty)") . Please do a journal entry if you want to help us.