corner corner Last Boleyn, The: A Novel

Last Boleyn, The: A Novel
by Karen Harper | Literature & Fiction
Registered by redfox5 of Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on 4/13/2010

status (set by marijketje): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by redfox5 from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Santa i.e my parents brought me this for christmas :)

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 26, 2010

This is the second Tudor book I've read, told from the point of veiw of Mary Boleyn. The other being 'The Other Boleyn Girl'. The story differs slightly between the two making me think it's about time I actually read a factual book about her. Both times I've read as Mary, I've not liked Anne so much. This book told more about her time in France and being the French Kings mistress which was interesting. Thomas Boleyn is always made out as a nasty man in these books who does care about his kids unless they help him to power. I actually read somewhere that he was deeply ashamed of Mary when she started sleeping with Kings and was very worried when Anne started playing around with Henry. Regardless of how true the history is, this book would be an enjoyable read for anyone interested in the Tudors.

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at International RABCK Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/17/2011 UTC) at International RABCK Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Congrats on winning. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is indeed a good looking book and it looks like it definately is the kind of book I could enjoy. (Although I don't know that much about the Tudors.) Thank you so much for this book, redfox! Huugs and kisses from Belgium!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, December 01, 2011

I have enjoyed this book quite a lot. I sped through it, it read easily and was more then interesting enough. I learned a great deal about Tudor England, a period that is starting to interest me more and more after reading this book (in addition to Sansoms 'Sovereign'). Sometimes the romantic part of the novel was a little too prominent, but it didn't bother me much.
Thanks for letting me enoy this book, redfox! ;)

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/7/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to the winner of the November sweepstake. I saw lots of books on your bookshelf and wishlist having to do with Tudor England and The Boleyns even, so I thought this might be a book you would enjoy. (I know I did.) I hope you'll like it!

Journal Entry 7 by marijketje at Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thank you so much for the book. I am looking forward to reading this, because it seems like a really good book!