corner corner *RAY Stones into Schools

*RAY Stones into Schools
by Greg Mortenson | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingkaren07814wing of Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, April 18, 2010

status (set by mrbaggins1): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingkaren07814wing from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, April 18, 2010

To the lucky finder of this book...

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at Bookcrossing. If this is your first visit to our site...welcome & I'm sure you'll find it fun!

All over the world people are following their books travels through Book Crossing & by making an entry you will be helping keep this books unique travelling history up-to-date.

You can make your first journal entry about this book now! Just tell us where you found it....& don't worry about giving your name, you can remain anonymous.

When you’ve read it,why not come back here and let us know what you thought of it? Tell us what your plans for it are....is it being passed to someone else?...or maybe you're going to leave it for someone else to find - just like you did! Then, if you want to, you will be able to follow it's travels around the book loving world as well!

I hope you've enjoyed visiting us here at BookCrossing & if you do decide to join us, please consider using me,karen07814, as the member who referred you- then I know I'm successfully spreading the BookCrossing word!

Enjoy the book!

collectorkerri-us-us
nmreader - us-us
hyphen8 - us-us
joanthro-us-intl

then rabck if possible and maybe one day it will get back to me

forum for ring

Journal Entry 2 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Arrived in Sofia.Once again, many thanks to karen07814!

Journal Entry 3 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Friday, May 21, 2010

If "Three Cups of Tea" reveals the hard beginning of this wonderful project, here we see Mortenson`s work at full scale. The results are amazing, the people he meets on his way- too. This story of hardships,travel,miraculous communication and deep understanding of foreign culture keeps the reader attached to the last page. I read it with great interest. Once again,thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Friday, June 04, 2010

Sending a second PM to penelopewanders.

UPDATED 05/06

I have already contact info from penelopewanders and the book will go next week.

Journal Entry 5 by bookmaniac70 at Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées France on Saturday, June 12, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (6/12/2010 UTC) at Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées France

Sent to a friend of penelopewanders who is going to take the book from the office and hand it to her personally, as she is now on vacation. For this reason she will register it in the first days of July.

Journal Entry 6 by bookmaniac70 at София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just a note that the book is now safely with penelopwanders` friend and she will pass it by hand to her after July 6.

Journal Entry 7 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 10, 2010

This has arrived in Mallorca via France - thanks so much for sending! I greatly enjoyed the first, and look forward to reading this one too. I'll try to get the next address but have been ha ving trouble with the search function and my internet time is very limited here. Hopefully I can read and send this soon. Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing at a Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A little update as this has been with me for a couple of weeks already... I'm almost done with it and enjoying it as much as the first! I've already got the next address (which I see is not the same person as on the postcard in the book, but I'll go with what's listed here as I presume it was up-dated after the book was sent out). Anyway, more soon and thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 29, 2010

Read this in Mallorca. Wasn't sure how the sequel would be- if it would seem simply more of the same, but the adventure remains passionate.
It's now parcelled and ready to head towards Berlin, as soon as I can find an open post office.
thanks so much for making such an important book available!

Journal Entry 10 by wingpenelopewanderswing at A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 30, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (7/30/2010 UTC) at A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This has now been deposited at the post office in Capdepera, Mallorca... apparently the mail truck has already left and the next one will be Monday, but the trip should be quick after that! Seems somehow fitting when i think of the journeys described in this book - and this is not by yak, horse or even on foot.
Thanks for making this available.

Journal Entry 11 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, August 06, 2010

got the book in the mail today. I will have to read "Three cups of tea" first, got it a few days ago. It shouldn't take me long, though.

Journal Entry 12 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, September 08, 2010

it was nice to read about the continuing story of Greg Mortenson. I like the humor in both of his books. But beside that, it's such a compelling story. Now the big question is: what do I do with this new knowledge. It's nice to read books about other people's accomplishments, but does it change me? Will I donate more money to charities, or maybe even find a way to be supportive to people around me who need help?

The book will travel to Australia next (I'll skip the part of mailing tbe book to karen07814).

Journal Entry 13 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Thursday, September 23, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (9/23/2010 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

Mailed the book to freepages a few days ago. Sorry, I forgot to make the release entry that day.

Journal Entry 14 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stones into Schools has arrived in Australia all the way from Berlin!
I found Three Cups of Tea a fascinating read, and I'm looking forward to reading the continuation of the Greg Mortenson's CAI story. It may take me a little while to get to it. Bookrings are arriving thick and fast at the moment :)
Thanks for the Postcard from Berlin!

Journal Entry 15 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, October 31, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (10/31/2010 UTC) at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Greg Mortenson's life and the road he's travelled, never ceases to amaze me. He and the local project managers in the CAI have that incredible knack of helping people to improve their lives and giving them the tools to continue on their own within their own communities. A shame that so many other "aid" agencies are not as competent.
The way he tells the story also reaffirms my belief that we can all find similarities no matter where we live nor what we do nor whatever other differences there are between us.
The postcard of the impressive buildings of Berlin couldn't help but make me see the significance of what can be achieved from a city that was once war torn.
I really hope a bright future is in store for the people of Afghanistan and Pakistan- they really have been through enough.

Thanks for including me in this wonderful bookring.

The book will be in the post early this week to bekoh.
:-)

Journal Entry 16 by bekoh at Fern Bay, New South Wales Australia on Monday, November 08, 2010

I was amazed at the first story. It will be interesting to see how he continues his path.

I have one more to read before this.

Dec30th: I've tried to like this this but although I still think the story is a wonderful one I liked the first book better.

Journal Entry 17 by bekoh at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 02, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (1/3/2011 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Posted to Mr Baggins today.

Journal Entry 18 by mrbaggins1 at Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Received today, Thanks for sharing - will get around to it soon

Journal Entry 19 by mrbaggins1 at Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (11/20/2012 UTC) at Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa

This book was released to me a long time ago as a bookray which I have completely forgooten about. I do apologize. I have now control released it to a colleague whose verey intersted in Mortenson's work