corner corner Dreamland

Dreamland
by Sarah Dessen | Teens
Registered by nicolesinger of Newport, North Carolina USA on 4/11/2010

status (set by nicolesinger): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Sunday, April 11, 2010

From the back cover:

Ever since she started going out with Rogerson Biscoe, Caitlin seems to have fallen into a semiconscious dreamland where nothing is quite real. Rogerson is different from anyone Caitlin has ever known. He's magnetic. He's compelling. He's dangerous. Being with him makes Caitlin forget about everything else - her missing sister, her withdrawn mother, her lackluster life. But what happens when being with Rogerson becomes a larger problem than being without him?

*****

I read this a while ago, and so some of the details have already faded a bit. Overall, I thought the personalities and relationships rang true, though there was one bit toward the end that I wondered about - but perhaps I'm out of the loop. (It's been more than a few years since I was a teenager!)

A good read, but not a keeper - I'll be setting it free to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 2 by nicolesinger at Morehead City, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/28/2011 UTC) at Morehead City, North Carolina USA

I am mailing this and some other books to a friend in Texas to be donated to a center for dialysis patients. I don't know whether there are any teens receiving dialysis, but I find teen/YA books are a good, light read at any age, and I hope it will help someone pass the time.