corner corner My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Found this book, yesterday, in a Charity Shop. Just registering it ready for reading.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 06, 2012

This book deals with a very difficult subject in a sensitive and realistic way. The story is told by moving around from character to character. The reader gets to spend time with all the key players and read in first person their thoughts, feelings and actions. I really felt the pull of each character, the turbulent emotions they were experiencing and fully appreciated the difficulty of the situations they found them selves in. It must have been such a hard book to write. (So the interview with the author at the end is a great addition!) The ending wasn't such a shock to me, because I could see the outcome (ish, don't want to give away the ending). But how it happened sure was!

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 02, 2012

Released 3 yrs ago (4/2/2012 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

This book (along with 2 others) are off on a RABCK Wish Granting Mission, to make DisneyFreakSam's Day (I hope!)

Safe travels little books. I know you are going to a better place.

Journal Entry 4 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Thank you so much for your kindness and the gorgeous Easter card.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 07, 2015

I read this on holiday in Marmaris after purchasing in a local charity shop. It wasn't my favourite holiday read. I have read a couple of Jodie picoult books and read this after several recommendations, but the author's style I find tiring after a while. I had hoped to get my daughter to read it after me but she passed on the opportunity. Perhaps my lack of enthusiasm for the read put her off? However,on the same trip I read The Help and The Invention of Wings, which I raved about so perhaps she just prefers being in the sea rather than sitting by it with her nose in a book! I left it on the hotel book swap shelf so perhaps someone else will read it and add their comments. I hope so!