corner corner Bed Rest

Bed Rest
by Sarah Bilston | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/1/2010

status (set by Tyrnimarja): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 01, 2010

From the back:

"Quinn Boothroyd, or Q to her friends, is a successful young English lawyer married to Tom and living in New York. Six months pregnant with her first child, she is thrown into chaos when her doctor tells her she must spend three months on bed rest.

But just because Q cannot leave the apartment, it doesn't mean the world stands still. Thanks to a constant stream of visitors, Q gradually finds herself re-examining her priorities - her marriage, relationships with family and friends, and her job, with some very surprising, funny and touching results..."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 30, 2012

This was more touching than I expected. At first I found Q annoying, but she grew on me as she grew herself as a person :) I think anyone with a child can relate to at least some parts of the story. And I'm so very grateful I don't live in the US with its crazy working hours.

On a sidenote, I wonder why Jewish mothers are always portrayed either as loving and overbearing or as cold and distant (the latter is most often the case when the character in question of rich and upper-class).

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/8/2013 UTC) at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

This book´s cover caught my attention in the BC meeting with its question about could I imagine spending a life in bed. Perhaps if I had a neverending pile of good books and someone to serve me with other things...

Journal Entry 5 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

After I had read half of the book I was getting irritated. The daily and hourly descriptions of Q´s days were not funny anymore but just repetitious and boring.
I was beginning to think “Oh woman, stop the whining, take a book and you will have no need to count hours anymore” .
Luckily the second half of the book was more serious and lifted this novel a bit above the average Chick lit novel.

Journal Entry 6 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Museumsinsel ⇒ Mitte in Berlin, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (4/25/2013 UTC) at Museumsinsel ⇒ Mitte in Berlin, Berlin Germany

Will be released somewhere in Berlin sometime during my trip
24.-29.April 2013.