corner corner Friends from Philadelphia and Other Stories (Penguin 60s)

Friends from Philadelphia and Other Stories (Penguin 60s)
by John Updike | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 3/29/2010

status (set by iwillrejoice): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 29, 2010

"Five stories from a master of twentieth-century writing"

A fleamarket find

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I believe this is the first time I've ever read anything by Updike, which is a shame, given the extent of his works - and how much I enjoyed this tiny little book. Updike's style as well as the atmosphere and subject matter of these stories somehow reminded be of Anne Tyler, whose writing I like very much. I definitely must get my hands on his novels.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/5/2014 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Surprise!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, February 07, 2014

Thank you very much for this surprise book!:)

Journal Entry 5 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, July 05, 2014

This was a good snack book:) I hadn't read anything by Updike before either so this was a good place to start!

This book is reserved for the July edition of One Book a Month RABCK sweepstake.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (7/31/2014 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is now travelling to Greece:) Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Lubiette at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

I just received the book with a refreshing postcard and very nice stamps, thank you !

Journal Entry 8 by Lubiette at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Very nice short stories, some of them brilliant and still accurate though written in the 50'.

Journal Entry 9 by Lubiette at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/25/2015 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Mailed to iwillrejoice who has it in her wishlist. Happy reading !

Journal Entry 10 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Thank you so much for sending me this book! I'm not sure I've read any Updike before, either, so this will be a good place to start. :-)