corner corner Betsy-Tacy - BOOKRAY!

Betsy-Tacy - BOOKRAY!
by Maud Hart Lovelace | Children's Books
Registered by grover3d of Charleston, West Virginia USA on Sunday, July 20, 2003

status (set by silverstarry): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by grover3d from Charleston, West Virginia USA on Sunday, July 20, 2003

Book 1 in the best children's series of all time! In BETSY-TACY the girls meet at five years old...beautifully written.

Sending this one out in a bookray, along with Book 2, (BETSY-TACY AND TIB)...the books will be sent one month apart.

****For routing list please check my bookshelf page and for US to US addresses please use Delivery Confirmation and post number in your journal entry!****

****Mailed to nyisutter - DC# 0303 0130 0001 3207 4706.

Journal Entry 2 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Friday, August 08, 2003

This arrived today. Can't wait to get started! Thanks!

Journal Entry 3 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Thursday, August 14, 2003

This is a fun little book. I am going to enjoy reading the series and watching these girls grow up together. The biographical info and pictures at the end of the book make the book even more special.

I think we need to buy a copy of this book and have it released on the bench!

Journal Entry 4 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Wednesday, August 20, 2003

mailed to Ardy today.

DC# 0303 0103 0000 0231 2945

Journal Entry 5 by Ardy from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 24, 2003

Betsy-Tacy arrived safely yesterday.. Thank you for sharing. I have not read these books before. I'll read it and send it on to the next person.

Journal Entry 6 by Ardy from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 29, 2003

Delightful! Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful series!

In this book we get a look back into the lives of children in the early 1900's- The stories are told with great imagination.

Packaging today to send to Sejent. When I get the Delivery Confirmation number I'll post it.

Journal Entry 7 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Friday, October 03, 2003

Received in today's mail...I will start reading soon and will journal again when I have finished...I read many of the books in this series when I was a child and can't wait to read them again!

Journal Entry 8 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, December 08, 2003

It was just as good as I remember...looking forward to reading the rest in the series so I can get reacquainted with Betsy, Tacy, and Tib.

Sending to kayters in Marietta, GA.

Journal Entry 9 by kayters from Lawrenceville, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I adore these books! I read them at least once when I was younger and loved the series. I enjoyed the fact that the back of this book has information about Maud Hart Lovelace's childhood and so on. I didn't realize that the stories were almost entirely based on her life! Wow! I'd recommend these books for the same age group that reads the Little House books. Perhaps read the Little House books first, then these. It's amazing that they take place in almost the same area of the country and just a few years apart.

Journal Entry 10 by kayters from Lawrenceville, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Also, just a note to say that I can be skipped for the second book because I have a copy of it already! Thanks! :)

Journal Entry 11 by kayters at To BookCrosser in Evanston, Illinois -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Release planned for Thursday, December 18, 2003 at To BookCrosser in Evanston, Illinois Controlled Releases.

DC # is 01805213907242144542

I accidentally printed the label with my eBay graphic on it, instead of my BookCrossing graphic! LOL!

Journal Entry 12 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, December 29, 2003

This was waiting for me when I got back from vacation yesterday. A wonderful book, and a fast read. I really felt I had a window into the late 1800s-early 1900s. The paper-doll games were especially funny--the five-year-olds have all the adventures, and the older sisters never get to do anything. And what happens to Bee shows the dangers of the time. Excellent biographical information in the back--interesting enough for adults but written at kid level.
Thanks for including me in this ray! I will send the book to JesseBC next week.

Journal Entry 13 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, January 05, 2004

Waiting to hear from JesseBC. I will hang onto this book for another week or two, as many people are still on holiday vacations. If I don't hear from JBC by then, I will send it back to grover3d.

Journal Entry 14 by rampallion at Controlled Release in Controlled release, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Released on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at Controlled Release in Controlled release, to another bookcrosser Controlled Releases.

Still no answer from JesseBC, so I sent this today by mediamail to CrownHCowgirl. (She's on the list on grover3d's profile page, and she did answer the PM I sent.)

Journal Entry 15 by Crys302 from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Thursday, January 29, 2004

TBR

Journal Entry 16 by Crys302 from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Thursday, March 25, 2004

Very cute book. Going to collect all Betsy Tacy books and add to my permenant collection.

Journal Entry 17 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Just received in the mail today. Will be mailed as soon as read.

Update. Just finished reading today. Great story just dont know how I missed these growing up. On to Germany.

Journal Entry 18 by nikel27 from Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, June 16, 2004

arrived at my mailbox, thanks for letting me join this BookRay, I love to read children books.

update:
I never heard before from this author and her books, and now I am glad that I had the chance to take part of this BookRay.
As I still love to read childrens books, is was a quick but great read for me.
Now I am looking forward to read more about Betsy and Tacy, how they will grow with the books who hopefully will find the back here to Germany.

Goes out to the next member together with the second book from this BookRay

Journal Entry 19 by nikel27 at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 24, 2004

Release planned for Monday, June 28, 2004 at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim Controlled Releases.

Goes together out with Betsy-Tacy and Tib.

Enjoy the book !!!

Journal Entry 20 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Saturday, August 07, 2004

The books arrived today. I don't know how I missed these books when I was a kid, but I'd never even heard of them until BC. But, I'm making up for lost time now. I'm almost finished with Betsy-Tacy and should finish the 2nd one tomorrow, so I'll mail them out on Tuesday. Thanks for including me in this ring.

Journal Entry 21 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Friday, August 20, 2004

I meant to mail these last week, but I forgot about them. I'm so sorry. They did go out this morning though.

These were cute books, and I'm still amazed that I missed this series when I was a kid. It's amazing how kids of different generations do the same things. Betsy was of my grandmother's generation. However, I was also a paperdoll fanatic--they had shoebox cars and bedding made of old curtains. They didn't live in magazines, although that's a good idea!

We also dyed Easter eggs in old cracked teacups. I guess it's true-the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Journal Entry 22 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Friday, August 20, 2004

Journal Entry 23 by surfenkitten from Audubon, New Jersey USA on Friday, September 24, 2004

it seems i was sent these by accident, so sorry for the interruption. but i have to say i'm glad they were! i'd never heard of betsy or tacy before, but i loved this and betsy-tacy and tib which came in the same package. so precious!! the illustrations are so sweet and they make me want to find my copy of "Strawberry Girl" (written & illustrated by the illustrator of these books.) the girls are so fun. i love how they're written just from the girls' point of view--like its no big deal to jump in & out of the coal scuttle and use everything in the kitchen to make something--as long as you put it back when you're done! what great imaginations.

sending along to sweetpea0678 soon!

Journal Entry 24 by sweetpea0678 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 21, 2004

arrived safe and sound. should be quick read.

Journal Entry 25 by sweetpea0678 at Book Ring in Bookring, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (2/22/2005 UTC) at Book Ring in Bookring, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

bookring

Journal Entry 26 by lyssrose from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Just arrived today! Will read and send it along to continue its journey.

Journal Entry 27 by lyssrose from Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, March 10, 2005

What an enchanting little book! I'm surprised that I hadn't heard of these before the bookray, as this is EXACTLY the kind of book I would have loved when I was younger - I'm definately going to have to purchase copies for my own collection.

I've sent a PM to grover3d to find out what I should do next, since there's no one left after me. Once I hear from her, I'll send these off to continue their journey!

Journal Entry 28 by lyssrose from Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, March 24, 2005

I never heard anything from Grover3d, so I'm going ahead and lining up the next round of readers for the bookray. I've got a post in the forums, and I'll probably leave it up there for a little while to see if it attracts any more people.

So far, the list is:
--silverstarry (California, US only)

Journal Entry 29 by lyssrose at n/a in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (5/3/2005 UTC) at n/a in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed off to Silverstarry - hope you enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 30 by silverstarry from Berkeley, California USA on Monday, May 09, 2005

Just received this in the mail today - can't wait to read it!

Journal Entry 31 by silverstarry from Berkeley, California USA on Thursday, May 26, 2005

I loved reading series books when I was younger, so I'm surprised that I missed this set as a child. What a sweet story!

Thanks to grover3d & lyssrose for sharing. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!