corner corner The Mill on the Floss

The Mill on the Floss
by George Eliot | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Moriquen of Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 3/21/2010

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Brought up at Dorlcote Mill, Maggie Tulliver worships her brother Tom and is desperate to win the approval of her parents, but her passionate, wayward nature and her fierce intelligence bring her into constant conflict with her family. As she reaches adulthood, the clash between their expectations and her desires is painfully played out as she finds herself torn between her relationships with three very different men: her proud and stubborn brother, a close friend who is also the son of her family's worst enemy, and a charismatic but dangerous suitor. With its poignant portrayal of sibling relationships, The Mill on the Floss is considered George Eliot's most autobiographical novel; it is also one of her most powerful and moving."

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, April 03, 2010

This book is coming with me to Malta. I don't know where I am going to release it yet. If somebody finds it before I can journal it: Have fun reading the book and please pass it on!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Gozo Channel Line in Gozo Channel Line Ferry, -- Ports, Waterways & Ships -- Malta on Sunday, April 11, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/11/2010 UTC) at Gozo Channel Line in Gozo Channel Line Ferry, -- Ports, Waterways & Ships -- Malta

I left this book on one of the two ferry boats between Malta and Gozo. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, April 24, 2010

I found this book on the ferry to Gozo and was amazed by this "system". Hadn't heard of it and i am eager to read the book and pass it on!

Belen