corner corner Severed Heads: British Beheadings Through the Ages

Severed Heads: British Beheadings Through the Ages
by Geoffrey Abbott | History
Registered by redfox5 of Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on 3/20/2010

status (set by smurphie): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by redfox5 from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ordered this ages ago from amazon to learn more about Beheadings. Haven't registered a book in ages!

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 11, 2011

I think no matter how interesting the subject is, I will always enjoy history more when it's mingled with fiction. Most of the people beheaded in the book, I knew of. Some I did not. I think I will have to start reading more about the Stuarts. Some of the people on the day of their beheadings made light of it, I'm not sure I would be able to do that. I liked the quote from Katherine Howard - "I die a Queen, but I would rather die the wife of Culpeper" I would read more of Abbott's books.

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at Halloween Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/18/2011 UTC) at Halloween Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Happy Halloween. Enjoy your treats. No tricks here :)

Journal Entry 4 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, October 20, 2011

This arrived with a whole array of Hallowe'en goodies! Thank you, redfox!

Journal Entry 5 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

An informative and readable, if necessarily somewhat ghoulish, tour around the history of British executions, by a former Yeoman Warder. Geoffrey Abbot has an engaging style, and slotted the various case histories into their historical context neatly and efficiently.

Journal Entry 6 by elstaplador at Halloween Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (10/15/2012 UTC) at Halloween Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Sending to the winner of the Hallowe'en sweepstake. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by smurphie at Banchory, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Arrived today it appears I am one of the winners of the Halloween Sweepstakes :o)