corner corner The Steps Up the Chimney (The Magician's House, Book 1) (Magician's House Quartet)

Journal Entry 1 by Charly83 from Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Saturday, March 13, 2010

This is where the magic of Golden Haouse begins. William, Mary and Alice Constant have come to spend Christmas with their uncle. But little by little, they discover that things in this remote old house are not quite what they seem. There are powerful forces at work, calling to the children from across the centuries; forces that pull them up the hidden steps in the chimney to the secret room where the Magician lives.

Journal Entry 2 by Charly83 at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, March 20, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/20/2010 UTC) at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Das Buch macht sich nun als Rabck auf die Reise zu tayjan. Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß damit.

Journal Entry 3 by wingtayjanwing from Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, March 26, 2010

Das Buch klingt gut. Ganz ganz vielen Dank!

Journal Entry 4 by wingtayjanwing at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Die Assoziationschallenge ließ mich nun zu diesem Buch greifen, da ich gleich zu beiden Schlagworten des Monats Assoziationen hatte, die im Buchtitel vorkommen. Bei "rot" dachte ich zunächst an "Feuer" und dann an "Kamin" ("chimney"), bei Spiegel an "Zauberspiegel" und "Magier" ("Magician").

The book was a nice little fantasy story for older kids. I enjoyed reading it but didn't like it so much that I had the feeling I should read the next part as well.

Journal Entry 5 by wingtayjanwing at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (12/14/2011 UTC) at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Das Buch reist nun mit Pebbletools kleiner Krimi- und Fantasybox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPebbletoolwing at Berlin, Berlin Germany on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Found it in my bookbox. Gonna read it, thanks!

October 2012: Well, yes. A fantasy story for older children, that is it exactly. Quite nice to read though. I especially like the "not-exactly-shapeshifting" details and the change of view on vegetarianism ;)

Journal Entry 7 by wingPebbletoolwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (10/21/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany

This book will travel with a RABCK to Nepal. One should use postage to full capacity I think :) Have fun reading and/or releasing!

Journal Entry 8 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Thursday, November 08, 2012

This arrived safely this week along with "real vermonters don't milk goats" -- thank you so much for adding an extra surprise along with it! I will enjoy reading this and pass it on to the girls I care for as well if it's on their reading level. Thank you!

Journal Entry 9 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Monday, March 04, 2013

This book is now with the girls that I take care of. I'm sure they will enjoy it--thank you again for sending it so far, they love reading!