corner corner Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
by Paul Torday | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ETMadrid of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/3/2010

status (set by ETMadrid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ETMadrid from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I picked this up yesterday in the post room where I live. It's been through a puddle on its way to me by the looks of it.

Journal Entry 2 by ETMadrid at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, April 15, 2012

I found this an easy page turner, although a bit disappointing. I picked it up due to the ads in the tube at the moment that point to the film being a feel-good comedy or something of the sort. It has a barely plausible plot, and despite his English degree from Oxford, wasn't the best writing I've ever read. I found Fred Jones frustratingly pathetic and although he did improve, it was not enough to win me over. The different voices of Harriet, Peter Maxwell and Fred were not distinct enough and there was more than enough repetition. That said, there was one strong message I did like and have held onto: that faith (not necessarily religious) comes before hope. That is in line with what I read in "The Secret" recently.

Journal Entry 3 by ETMadrid at Poole Train Station in Poole, Dorset United Kingdom on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/6/2012 UTC) at Poole Train Station in Poole, Dorset United Kingdom

Left on a bench on platform 1.