corner corner Out of Tune

Out of Tune
by Joanna Orwin | Other
Registered by Sfogs of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 3/3/2010

status (set by Andrew-B): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

This book I will give to as many of my friends as I can, to read then make a journal entry. After it has been to all my friends it will be put up for bookray or given to a friend who will repeat this process!

I really enjoied this book! One of the few books by New Zealand authors on this site!
Enjoy!

*******************************

Jasmine is out to shock. Electric clothes, electrichair, wired behaviour: anything to get approval from the cool kids at school - and admit it, Jaz - to force her parents to take notice. Preoccupied with their own problems, her parents can't see how Jaz's desire to fit in is spinning her out over the edge. Somtimes - hard to confess to her new friends - the only real support Jaz gets is from Gi-Gi, her great-grandmother. You might say Gi-Gi has a kind of sixth sense. She's given Jaz a diary of their ancestor Maggie, to read aloud during their weekly visits. Maggie, at the same age as Jaz, had to migrate from the Shetland Islands with her family. Where to? Nineteenth-century Stewart Island - a wild, lonely, brutal place, that tested Maggie's spirit sorley. Her diary seems to speak directly to Jaz with dazzling clarity.

Journal Entry 2 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/3/2010 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

Sent on to become part of the worlds smallest library!

Journal Entry 3 by Andrew-B from Westbury-sub-Mendip, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, March 13, 2010

Now in Westbury sub Mendip phone box library