corner corner Flights of Fancy butterfly journal

Flights of Fancy butterfly journal
by KiaraNala29 (and hopefully many more bookcrossers!) |
Registered by KiaraNala29 of Industry, Maine USA on Friday, February 26, 2010

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by KiaraNala29 from Industry, Maine USA on Friday, February 26, 2010

This journal will be used to track the Teen/Preteen/YA bookbox. Feel free to write in this journal. You can write about what books you found in the box, what books you'll be putting in, what your favorite YA books are, etc. Also feel free to write any random thoughts, book-related or otherwise, that you'd like to share with other bookcrossers. You can write, draw, or doodle in the journal if you feel like it, but please just make sure you leave it in the teen bookbox when you send the box on. Thanks : )

Journal Entry 2 by z3CarGaragez from Knox, New York USA on Thursday, April 01, 2010

This book is already really cool and I can't wait to do something with it. Thank you for sending it to me to go along with the box, as well as the labels and stickers!

Journal Entry 3 by z3CarGaragez at Young Adult Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, April 05, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/5/2010 UTC) at Young Adult Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Packaged this up yesterday and hoping to get in in the mail either today or within the next few days so that I don't hold it up any longer than I already have! I hope that someone enjoys the bookx in the box! I wrote a page on myself and added in some stickers as well. The book is sort of falling apart though and I wasn't really sure what to do about that. I hope some interesting people find it and also write in it, I would be interested in seeing it again in the next bookbox or sometime after just to see where it went and who wrote in it!

Journal Entry 4 by rubyrebel at Toledo, Ohio USA on Saturday, June 26, 2010

just recieved the box today finally. i need to replace the box.

Journal Entry 5 by rubyrebel at Toledo, Ohio USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (7/21/2010 UTC) at Toledo, Ohio USA

in bookbox to next bookcrosser on the list

Journal Entry 6 by megtall at Burton, Michigan USA on Sunday, August 01, 2010

Received the box a few days ago, but I was away on vacation, so I couldn't log the entry. I haven't had time to look through it yet, but I will get on it later today. Thank you for sharing!!!

Journal Entry 7 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, October 23, 2010

I received this box and beg your forgiveness. Life has been very difficult of late and I am behind! I will get this box moving as soon as I have an address!

Journal Entry 8 by fireyfairy at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just got the journal (and the bookbox, of course), and I've enjoyed much of the contents of the box. I'm ready to write my entry, then get it going to the next participant, as soon as I have the info!

Journal Entry 9 by fireyfairy at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Monday, December 27, 2010

Releasing this (along with the box, of course).

Journal Entry 10 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 03, 2011

The bookbox arrived! There are a lot of fun choices inside! I will get the next person's address and get this one moving again soon.

Thanks for hosting this!

Journal Entry 11 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 07, 2011

It was so hard to choose! There were so many interesting books in this box. Thanks for starting this one KiaraNala29!

Taking out of the box:

Assassin by: Anna Myers
Hell Phone by: William Sleator
Sand Dollar Summer by: Kimberly K. Jones
Buried by: Robin Merrow MacCready

Read and put back into the box:
That Was Then, This is Now by: S.E. Hinton
How I Spent My Last Night on Earth by: Todd Strasser
The Girl Who Owned a City by: O.T. Nelson

Journal Entry 12 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mailing this bookbox to Hyphen8 tomorrow, I wish I could travel with it to Hawaii, I'm sick of the cold weather.

Sent via Media Mail - Delivery Confirmation #03100480000228212731

Aloha, bookbox!

Journal Entry 13 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Large box full of books received today. I haven't had a chance to really look through the box yet, but it looks like there's lots of good stuff, and I like the cute little journal. :)

Thanks for including me - I'll get this box moving again as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 14 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, April 02, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/2/2011 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

The previous box didn't do very well in the mail (see photo), so this journal will soon be making the long journey back to KiaraNala29 with a new box. I wanted to see how far it was, so I mapped it. Sure enough, it's one of the longest diagonals you can take and stay within the country: around 6,000 miles! (For comparison purposes, it looks like Fairbanks to Key West is about 5,000 miles.)

My favorite part of the mapped "directions" from here to there is this bit. :p

12. Kayak across the Pacific Ocean

Thanks for including me in this YA/Teen box, and I hope this journal goes on many more adventures.

Taking out: