corner corner No Drinking No Dancing No Doctors

No Drinking No Dancing No Doctors
by Martina Evans | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Cowpunkmom of Three Hills, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 28, 2003

status (set by turtlejourney): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Cowpunkmom from Three Hills, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 28, 2003

This is a well-written tale, parts of it very amusing...but ultimately a sad and lonely story of alienation and loss. It takes place somewhere in the country in Ireland, and revolves around the story of Beulah, a member of a very strict Protestant sect, called the Poleites.

The story jumps around in time from Beulah's last days to her earliest memories, all the time avoiding the one central time in her life, the time that everything led to and came from. Discovering what this event is becomes the main thrill in reading this book!

And just a side note about the actual book itself...I bought it new from Chapter's discount table, so it is in great shape! It's a hard-cover, which I NEVER treat myself to, and it even comes with a ribbon bookmark! Very fancy...

Journal Entry 2 by Cowpunkmom at Marie's hands in Rosebud, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 30, 2003

Released on Monday, June 30, 2003 at Marie's hands in Rosebud, Alberta Canada.

Marie has traveled Ireland, so I wanted to make sure she read this book. She isn't a BookCrosser yet, but maybe she will be soon!

Journal Entry 3 by turtlejourney from Rosebud, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 12, 2003

i was over at Marie's this afternoon and i saw this book on her piano...waiting to be played. i remembered reading that Cowpunkmom left it there. upon asking marie if she had read it yet, she told me not yet, but that i should since she is working on another book. so i scooped it up. i haven't read it yet but i definitely will and soon.