corner corner Fighting Ruben Wolfe (Definitions)

Fighting Ruben Wolfe (Definitions)
by Markus Zusak | Teens
Registered by shelj7k of Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on 2/12/2010

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, February 12, 2010

This is a place of mystery...a sanctuary. Every book, every volume you see here has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.

Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing, especially if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it, but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a journal entry for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register, it is safe and spam free and, if you do join, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, shelj7k, as the member who introduced you.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 2 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, February 13, 2010

From Amazon:

Keep it clean, fellas. Fair fight. Okay. Do it. Don't go down. If you go down, get up. The bell, the fists, the fight. It begins, and the first round is death. The second round is the coffin. The third is the funeral. The Wolfe brothers know how to fight - they've been fighting all their lives. Now there's more at stake than just winning.

Journal Entry 3 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A very quick read, but thought provoking. Unfortunately, however, the story didn't move me as much as I thought it would. I have set its status as reserved for my 15 year old to read it. He is studying for exams at the moment so I'm not sure when he will get started.

Journal Entry 4 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, September 27, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (9/27/2010 UTC) at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland

To the winner of my Young Adult RABCK... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

I've read and enjoyed two very different books by Markus Zusak - The Book Thief and I Am the Messenger - so I'm looking forward to this one. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm not an enormous fan of boxing, but this was really a story about the Wolfe brothers, and I found their story worth reading. Thanks again for sharing this with me!

Reserved for a young adult/teen bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, April 02, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/2/2011 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Adding this to KiaraNala29's YA/Teen box, which is headed home to Maine.

Free your books - help spread the words!