corner corner The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
by Maggie O'Farrell | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Bremen, Bremen Germany on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

status (set by bacicoline): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I deleted the Booklist review that I had pasted here... too much of a spoiler, thanks for the warning, KanaPoutz!

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Chocolate Exchange, Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (2/9/2010 UTC) at Chocolate Exchange, Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Wishlist surprise for you, part of the Chocolate Exchange.
Travelling with some chocolate... feed the addiction!

Journal Entry 3 by KanaPoutz from Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur France on Monday, February 15, 2010

Thank you so much ApoloniaX for this book, it's been on my wish list for ages!
Can not wait to try the chocolate :-)

Journal Entry 4 by KanaPoutz at Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur France on Thursday, May 27, 2010

This book was fantastic! I could not put it down.
Great women characters. A really sad and touching story, it's amazing to think that such things used to happen. I'm glad I'm a woman of the 20th/21st century!

The writing really gives life to the story and the characters.

(I'm glad I did not really pays attention to your JE, ApoloniaX, this would have spoilt a lot of the story)

Thanks a lot for this book!

Journal Entry 5 by KanaPoutz at Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur France on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Given to a friend :-)

Journal Entry 6 by bacicoline at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Thursday, November 24, 2011

About to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by bacicoline at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Monday, March 12, 2012

I really liked it.
The way it is told, the characters, the story.
Impossible to do a proper JE without telling much so I'll stop hère.

This book stays in Rome where I've just finished it.

Journal Entry 8 by bacicoline at piazza Vittorio Emanuele in Roma, Lazio Italy on Monday, March 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/12/2012 UTC) at piazza Vittorio Emanuele in Roma, Lazio Italy

At hôtel Napoleon, in the lobby