corner corner The Statement

The Statement
by Brian Moore | Literature & Fiction
Registered by italianeowyn of Prata di Pordenone, Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy on 3/6/2010

status (set by Amsterdam2010): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by italianeowyn from Prata di Pordenone, Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy on Saturday, March 06, 2010

Amazon.com Review
The backdrop of The Statement is worth a historical book alone. After Nazi Germany occupied France, many Frenchmen took a direct hand in the deportation of more than 80,000 Jews. Following the war, some -- Paul Touvier among them -- were convicted of treason, pardoned in the 1970s, and then rearrested and jailed. Brian Moore takes off from there with a thrilling fictional account of Pierre Brossard, who lives a shadowy life, flees from pursuers and confronts some of France's most vexing questions from an horrific time in its history.

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 2 by italianeowyn at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 2010 (Theater Griffioen) in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, March 11, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (4/16/2010 UTC) at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 2010 (Theater Griffioen) in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - italianeowyn - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 3 by Amsterdam2010 from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, March 18, 2010

We're very happy to receive this book as a contribution to the 2010 BC Convention. Thank you so much, ItalianEowyn! We really appreciate it.